Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Isn't it too soon for this?

Biting that is. Chase's top teeth finally popped through last week and they are really coming along. Apparently, he thinks it's pretty cool, which it is, but he has realized if he opens his mouth wide and clamps down, it's pretty neat. Well, it's not neat or fun when it's me that is being bit.

We were happily playing on the floor and he was on my belly and put his head down and all of the sudden..."OUCH! What in the world!" He started giggling. So I said, "No bite." Did I really just have to say "No bite" to an eleven month old?!? I thought this stage didn't come for another 6-8 months, at least.

But that wasn't it. He crawled up to my shoulder and "hugged" me and again, "OUCH! No bite". Such a little pistol. He thought it was funny. I'm sure it didn't help I was kind of laughing/smiling because I couldn't believe what he just did.

So the rest of our playtime, I kept his mouth away from me. Now I guess I should warn daycare. Hopefully it was only a one-time event but who really knows. He surprises me everyday.
Oh and yes, he did leave a mark on my belly. Two little red marks to be exact, the same distance apart as his two bottom teeth. That little stinker.
Because every post needs a picture or two.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Eli has given the bite a few times. I wonder if they have a pain and can't help themselves? I guess not if he was laughing but just maybe. Hopefully Chase won't be a biter. :)