It's a love-hate relationship with our kitty cat. I know that sounds horrible but frankly, it's true. Brad and I got Baxter from a Humane Society in Florida almost 9 nine years ago. Wow, that was a long time ago. Anyway, he is a fiesty kitty cat but not all the time. He is loving and cuddly but when he is sick of being cuddled, he bites you. It's usually a quick, snake-like attack. He used to slap you first then bite, but before Chase was born we decided it was time to declaw Baxter. Awful and barbaric but it was that or Baxter would have to go and he's so "mean" no one would've adopted him. But I say "mean", because he isn't always mean only if you're a stranger and he is sick of being cuddled.

I say all this because the "mean" kitty cat is pretty tolerable of Chase, and Chase looooves his kitty cat. When Chase sees Baxter he lights up and go after him as fast as he can. We try to teach Chase to be gentle, yeah, not so much. But Baxter has gotten a lot better and doesn't bite him, right away I should say. He just gets up and walks away.
In these pictures Baxter wanted to play in the box and Chase kept following after Baxter trying to get him.



2 comments:
Too funny....Eli is the same with our cats. The one usually runs away but the other just sits and stares him down. He actually was biting Eli one time and Eli was cracking up laughing. I was really afraid that the cat was going to hurt him. Mine are declawed also. Eli slaps at them all the time. The word easy hasn't come into vocabulary just yet. Sometimes he will hit softer than other times and look at me as in approval. Maybe it is setting in. I love the look on Chase's face in these pictures...you can tell his thrilled to be near the cat. :)
So fun to see Chase interact with your pets. I can almost hear the happy noises he is making.
Post a Comment