I started at 10 am and didn't sit down until 8:30 pm. Yup, a looong day. While I was washing dishes, Chase was in his walker exploring the house. He is pretty fast and loves "driving" throughout the house, except when he hits the carpet and the brakes come on. Anyway as I was washing the dishes, I turned around and saw that Chase "discovered" that the cabinets open. He had a blast opening and shutting them. He had "discovered" a new toy. That means "baby proofing" the cabinets, I knew it was about time.

But that wasn't it for his discoveries. Later in the evening after daddy left for church, Chase was playing in the living room while I hurriedly mopped the kitchen. I left the baby gate open because the next room was baby proofed as well and he likes to crawl on the hardwood. As I mopped I listened to him as he opened and closed the baby gate and babbled, but then it was quiet. We all know what quiet means...trouble. I put the mop down and checked on him and this was his new "discovery."


He was so excited, something new. And he knew how to get down. He just slid down on his belly until he hit the bottom. He was up about three steps, that little booger. He is so mischievous, definitely keeps me on my toes.
2 comments:
Oh, I remember when Kathryn discovered stairs when we lived in VA. It's so much fun and scary at the same time to watch them make all these new discoveries. It's fun to see the delight in their eyes as they figure things out, but scary for us mommies wondering what in the world they are going to get into next!
We had a sick day yesterday too, no fun!
We have to keep all of our steps blocked off. Eli takes off on a mad dash crawl trying to beat us to them. He gets so proud of himself when someone leaves the gate open and he gets to play on the steps. This child has no fear. So glad to hear that Chase knew how to get back down and didn't keep going up. Hope he feels better soon!
Post a Comment