Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friend time, finally

Today was a full, fun day. It was finally a day that Katie and I were able to spend some time together. She didn't have to work and the kids were well. It was so much fun. It started out interesting, trying to work around nap times and lunches. Gracie was easy since she has decided to switch her napping time, like not napping at all. And little man, well, let's just say he went down at normal time but was playing for about 20 minutes and then I heard he was standing and shaking his crib. So I ventured upstairs, opened his door and smelled poopy! The little stinker, literally, wouldn't nap because he filled his diaper. So after a clean diaper and shower/bath later, he was zonked out.

Gracie's Birthday. Chase was exactly 10 weeks old.

Katie and Gracie arrived to go shopping but Chase was still napping, so we visited until he awoke. Finally around 1pm we headed off to the mall, our first venture out together with the kiddos. What a chaos it was at the mall. We figured it was beautiful out so it would be quiet. Wrong. It felt like Christmas, I guess they were having some kind of home show displays and it was nuts. Kind of annoying actually, especially with strollers. But we looked passed that and enjoyed each others company and the kids.
Checking each other out. Gracie around 6 weeks and Chase almost 4 months.


Gracie is a riot, she is just so full of life and exploring everything. She got so excited when she saw Chase and just wanted to touch, hold, squeeze and chew on him. She is so funny. Chase didn't know what to think at first. Since he is at this "shy" stage he wasn't so sure. He just looked at her but he did warm up and started smiling. It was so cute listening to them "talk" in the backseat.
They were perfect angels the whole time. I couldn't of asked for better babies, even as Chase put out both arms as we walked by clothes and pulled on them. Or when we were in the bra section and he pulled about 10 bras off the rack. I just love him so much, mischievousness and all.

What a fun day and such a blessing to have a BFF with a baby too and so close in age. And we didn't even plan it, believe it or not.
Chase 4 months and Gracie 7 weeks or so. Both of them have since grown out of these car seats.

I am just sad that I forgot to get some pics from today because they do not look the same. Gracie has caught with Chase in height and weight. Next time.

No comments: