Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'll Sleep When I'm Good and Ready

A few months ago it was quite a struggle to get Chase down to bed for the night. We tried every method, cry it out, nursing, rocking, etc. Finally, our efforts paid off and he started to fall asleep with no argument and he stayed asleep for the night except for waking up just once. That was pretty good for him.
I say this because during that time and struggle I came across a onesie that I just had to buy. The day I bought it, and I am not joking when I say this, but he started to sleep. I was so excited but also sad at the same time. There was no way I was about to put this onesie on him, I didn't want to jinx all our hard efforts. It was at least a month and a half later before I finally put it on him. And no, it didn't jinx us, he goes down just fine and sleeps.

2 comments:

Julia said...

I need that onsie for Kaleb!!! He wakes up four or five times a night wanting his binky, plus once to eat! I don't know what it's like to sleep for more than two hours, even when he does occasionally sleep longer than that, I'm awake. ARG!

I keep telling myself, this too shall pass, over and over again. I mean, he's not going to be 18 and crying for his binky...right?

Stacy said...

We gave up on keeping Eli to sleep and he is now in our bed. It's just easier. Both girls had their time so I guess it's only fair that he gets his. LOL. Plus, I love cuddling with my little man.