Monday, December 1, 2008

Picking out our Christmas tree...

Sunday afternoon we drove over to Franke's to buy our Christmas tree. We bundled up Chase and jumped in the Super Jeep to get our first tree as a family. Brad was kinding of dreading it because I usually take forever picking out the perfect tree. But I promised him this year I wouldn't, I wanted a smaller, simple tree. And I didn't want Chase to be out in the cold too long since he was fighting a cold of his own. So in record time I picked out our first family Christmas tree.
As Brad sawed away I realized that it wasn't "perfect" and had some bare spots. But then I laughed because I loved it just the same. All the other trees around had been cut but there stood this tree, not real tall or full...but it was our first family tree.

5 comments:

stacy said...

Looks like a very nice tree to me. I'm pretty picky, too. Tony wont take me anymore, just the kids. I don't know why :)

Michelle said...

Love this tradition! Great pictures!

Stacy said...

Good for you in getting a real tree. We haven't had a real tree since we were little and I always ended up sick so fake trees for us. Plus I think all my ornaments are too heavy. Looks like a nice tree and I can't wait to see it all decorated.

carrie said...

You look beautiful Dawn, such a lovely family! I remember Franke's-how fun that you cut your own, that makes it even more special.

♥ Amy said...

The kids read your blog with me earlier today. The girls kept commenting on how pretty you are! When I showed them the family Thanksgiving picture, Nina looked at you and Cara and said, "Oh, I thought they were the same person!" Duh! Typical Nina - totally airheaded, but still very cute.