I took Amy's idea of a Word for the New Year and started thinking and praying for mine. I loved this idea so much better than resolutions, I was never a fan of resolutions. It just seemed like a joke. But dedicating a word for the whole year is awesome. There were so many words that would be perfect...organize, family, reading, and the list goes on.
But the word that has touched my heart is...WANT(s).
Christmas really made this even more clear as I looked around at kids, family, friends, co-workers and saw the greed of wanting presents and things. Then how empty they still felt and it wasn't enough. More. Things. Stuff. Junk. I have been in purge mode since I brought out all the Christmas decorations after Thanksgiving. I purged alot of my Christmas decorations that I've had forever or just wasn't my taste/style anymore.
So why WANT? Well, things don't bring happiness and sometimes things take your attention away from what is important...Brad and Chase...family. The more stuff I have, the more that it takes my time. My house if fairly clutter free, kind of, but I want it to be minimal. Simple.
I want my life to be...Less Is More. But to have this, I need to pray that my WANTS are held at bay. I do pretty good for the most part, but when I go shopping something always catches my eye. And now with Chase, I love to buy for him. But not anymore.
So I am dedicating my "wanter" so that stuff and things don't call out my name when I am in a store, garage sale or screaming at me from the clearance rack.
Happy New Year!
2 comments:
Happy New Year to you, too.
That's kind of along the same lines as contentment, isn't it? We'll have a lot to teach each other this year! Happy 2009!
Post a Comment