Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh what a day...Chase's 1st Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving...food, family and fun. This Thanksgiving was extra special because we had our special little boy to share it with. We actually had two Thanksgivings, my mom and dad's at 2pm and then off we went to Brad's dads at 5pm. Yes, two big dinners in one day. But I didn't have time for breakfast so it was ok, I didn't pig out too much. But I was exhausted by the end of the day. There was no eating and relaxing on the couch. It was eat, clean up and head to Brad's dads, then eat and clean up and chill for a few minutes before we on our way to put Chase to bed. A very busy day but fun anyway. It was nice having dinner at my parents with the siblings and kids.

Carl's house a was little more crazy, as it is always. He was so proud of his turkey, he made sure that I got a picture of it. Too funny. I'm glad it turned out because when we walked in it smelled only of burnt turkey. Our eyes started to burn, we had to open all the doors. Carl was like why it's not so bad, what's the big deal. Well, when we got home I was snuggling Chase and getting him ready for bed and smelled his little head while he nursed. Phewee....all I smelled was burnt turkey. And it was too late to give him a bath. So Chase's Thanksgiving carried onto the next day. :) But we will surely never forget his first Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

♥ Amy said...

Too funny about the burnt turkey. I love that shot of your whole family together.

As for your comment over on my blog, I remember researching traditions and trying to make plans for our own only to have them not work out. Then we would do something one year, the kids would ask for it again the second year, and by year three, I would suddenly realize that wow, this is a tradition for us now. And that way they are traditions that work for us rather than cause us to work for them, if that makes sense.
It will be fun for you over the next few years as you watch your traditions evolve around your little guy.