Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's a New Year to be content...

I would have to admit that this New Year was the most uneventful New Year's ever, I think. We had such a busy December that we had no desire to do anything on New Year's Eve and having a two and a half year old and seven month old, well it was our year to just veg at home and that we did.

I sat on the computer browsing a new house and/or land while Brad played Call of Duty. Fun. But that's ok there is always next year, right?

Instead of New Year's resolutions for the past two years I have chosen a word for the year to focus on. In 2009 it was WANT and in 2010 PRAYER. I would have to say that I did struggle in 2010 with PRAYER but it did help me grow in my walk with the LORD even if it wasn't perfect.

So for 2011 my word is CONTENTMENT.

I didn't realize how hard it was to be a stay at home mom and I still work two full days. But being home more than not, I can easily be discontent and frustrated with my home, belongings, toys every.where, keeping up on housework. You name it, I have become frustrated with it. So I really need to work on being content, happy and thankful with where I am in my life...raising my two boys in a great home with a beautiful yard. Period.

No comments: