Friday, January 7, 2011

The Ultimate Sugar High...Marshmallow Snowman

So I was doing some a lot of Googling in the month of December trying to find some fun winter activities to do with Chase and to put in an Activity -n- Coloring Book that we made for Chase's bud Gracie for Christmas.

One of the activities that looked like fun and pretty easy were these adorable chocolate covered Marshmallow Snowman. I found the idea at this blog Speckled Egg, her picture and how she packaged them grabbed my attention.
 

Ok, so yes there is absolutely nothing healthy about these adorable snowmen and if you know me I don't allow Chase to eat a lot of sugar or things with sugar in them but they were fun to make and sometimes that is what's its all about.

They were pretty simple to make and I think they are adorable. I found many different versions and fun ways to dress them up but we just kept it simple. I had skewers and just used those as the sticks. I wished we had stick pretzels for the arms, Chase kept asking where the snowman's arms were.

Now ours didn't turn out nearly as nice and fancy but we had fun making them. We only did five since I really didn't plan on eating them or giving them away, plus I didn't have a lot of white chocolate.

After we made them, I let Chase eat the M&M's and then take one bite and that was it. Can't imagine the evening I would've had if I let him eat the entire thing....tummy ache and jumping off the walls.

Here are some other ideas using marshmallows, not entirely as sweet.



1 comment:

Michelle said...

Very cute!!! Thanks for the idea. (I think Julia did something like this for her Sunday School class.)