So it's the 10th and the first assignment.... Put Your Family on a 21-Day Spending Freeze. You can click on the title to learn more about the project and what the 21-Day Spending Freeze is all about. This shall be interesting. Good thing I made my trip to Wallyworld today to buy my paint, which isn't a need, well kind of if I ever want my bathroom cabinet finished.
But here is a just a snap-shot of what the 21-Day Spending Freeze is about:
What is a spending freeze? To put it simply: no more unnecessary spending. You’re not allowed to spend money on anything but necessities. Use up the food you have in your cupboards. Your grocery budget is now limited to what you must buy (milk and toilet paper, for example). Think of it as “Mommysavers Survivor” except the only prize at the end of the game is the money you’ve saved.
A spending freeze is not a long-term lifestyle by any means. The main goals of the spending freeze are:
- Get accustomed to using up what you have and making do without, which will help exercise your creative muscle and become more resourceful
- Reinforce the difference between wants and needs
- Practice delay of gratification
- Stay out of the stores thereby reducing temptation and finding other forms of “entertainment”
So this is kind of a last minute decision, as in last night last minute, but I think it's what we need to do, well Brad doesn't know we're doing yet though but it's only 21 days so he'll survive. Just no going out to lunch....sorry John.
1 comment:
I've seen something like this before (or read about it) good luck to you, it sounds interesting. I'm sure you will be creative with it as well, maybe trying new meals you've never made. Thanks for your note as well on my blog, I'm excited to try the 365. So far I've been good at doing it daily, even if I don't get to add the photos until a couple days later. I'm trying to learn more and grow in my photography skills. You should do it too! But I know you have lots on your plate. :) Have a wonderful week!
Post a Comment