Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day Two: I am thankful for...my privlidge to vote.

Today was Election Day, a very historical day for this country, a day that House will be ruled by Republicans, I pray. Even though not all Republicans believe in my Conservative views, they are better than the alternative.

So today I am thankful for Susan B. Anthony who got the ball rolling for woman's rights, which ultimately led to my having the privilege to vote today. And I made sure to exercise that right. But not only am I thankful that I was able to vote, but today I was so excited and privileged to help my dad vote. You see my dad is 55 years old and has never voted. Now he might not want this bit of information broadcast but I am so proud that I was the one that helped him. My mom hasn't voted in a long time either and I made sure they both got out and voted tonight.

Now more than ever, we need to express our freedom that was fought for us and get out there and vote. Vote for our freedom. Vote for our future and our children's and grandchildren's future.

Day Two: I am thankful for the privilege to vote.

 Proudly wearing the "I Voted Today!" sticker

No comments: