My commute to work involves all country roads adorned with apple orchards. It's so pretty and yummy to look at. Plus Brad's mom grew up on an apple orchard so he is an apple boy too, but will only eat them in the fall, he only likes fresh apples.
And with apples come of course all the delicious apple desserts and fixin's including apple pie. Yes, yummy warm apple pie. I am, I guess you would say, the apple pie maker in the family besides Brad's mom and Gram but I am right up there with them.
When Brad and I first started dating I made him an apple pie, probably my only second or third, and of course it was from scratch. I was so proud, it looked delicious and it smelled delicious. Now I don't recall how long we had been dating for but apparently long enough that he felt comfortable saying, are you ready for this? "This is very good but not as good as my mom's." Yes, yes he did. He actually said that right to me. I didn't know what to say or do, smack him and cry. But I handled it like a real woman and said, "Well, get me her recipe and I will make one like your mom's." And after 10 years of marriage and numerous apple pies, I think he finally agrees that mine are just as good as his mom's and Grandma (who the recipe originated from). Well his dad thinks so anyway. I get a request or demand I should say for an apple pie.
Day Nine: I am thankful for all the yummy apples.


No comments:
Post a Comment