Ever since I was a young, I always knew I wanted kids and I wanted to be a stay at home mom. But by the time Chase came along, we weren't in a position for me to stay home and to be frank I wasn't ready to give up my career. But boy how becoming a mom changes everything including yourself and your priorities.
Thankfully by the time Chase was a little over one I was able to work only three days. I was excited to have those two extra days with my boy. And then Callen came along. Obviously daycare isn't cheap even if family and friends are watching the kiddos. So when you add an extra one it costs more. Well, that's ok because I wanted to spend more time at home anyway. Now I only work two days and that is mainly for my sanity and because I really do enjoy my job.
Being home means so much more.. It means raising my children, molding their character, teaching them about life and its great wonders and so much more. Making memories everyday whether it be playdates, trips to the park or going for a walk. Even though these early days will most likely not be remebered but they will be by me. So today I am thankful that God has blessed our family and has afforded me the blessing of staying home, albeit going crazy some days.
Day Three: I am thankful I can be a stay at home mom.
The early days, July 13, Callen is just a few days shy of two months.
Brotherly Love
No comments:
Post a Comment