Monday, October 25, 2010

A trip to the farm, fruit farm that is...

It seems like every fall I forget how much I love fall in NY. I am so excited for spring and summer to roll around after such a cold, long winter that I forget my favorite time of year. How can you not love the cool, crisp air, and the beautiful red, yellow and orange leaves that adorn the trees before they fall to the ground. Then we get to rake the leaves to make a big pile to jump in. And of course apples galore, oh the smell of apples and leaves just makes everything seem so homey. 

I feel so spoiled sometimes to be able to be home most days during the week to spend with my boys and sometimes fellow mommies too. I am truly blessed to have this privilege.

Last Wednesday we had to go grocery shopping so we went across town with the plans to stop at a fruit farm to have some outdoor fun. They had a jumping pillow, animals, pumpkin patch, playground, sandbox, tractor, pretend apple picking farm and so much more. I was so excited to take Chase there. We invited Katie and the kids too.





I was trying to get the both of them together for a nice fall pumpkin picture but Callen wouldn't sit up, well he can't yet and Chase was too excited to do everything else, not pose for a picture for mommy. This is the best I got. But I love it anyway.
Second attempt while Callen was eating the grass.
How tall are you Chase?

They had this cutest little area where they made "apple" trees out of wood and painted them to look like trees. Instead of entering through the fence he decided to jump the fence. Hey, he wanted an apple.



Getting ready to eat his freshly picked apple.

 Chase loved the jumping pillow. Everyone had to take off their shoes to play, which Chase gladly did. After a few minutes he had the entire jumping to himself. He loved it. Unfortunately the pictures aren't the best because I was getting ready to feed Callen and not in the best spot, but they capture the moment. 


 
At one tumble down the side, he took a face plant right into the sand with his mouth wide-open, and yes a mouthful of sand pursued as did spitting.


These two are too funny. They are getting ready to get their HUGE cookie. The idea when we bought the cookies was for them to split with Katie and I. Well, as you can see they both got the whole cookie.
 Love this picture, notice Chase has only one sock on. He managed to take the other off to play on the jumping pillow before I called him to come over.

 How's your cookie Chase?
And they didn't get to eat it all, they were made to share with their mommies.




And on a sad note...an old wives tale says that you can tell how long the winter is going to be based on the below caterpillar. If the orange is real long that means we are in for a loooonnngg winter. Boo hoo. 

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh my gosh, that place looks like so much fun! The boys are adorable and yes I am one of those mommies that is very jealous that you get to stay home with them everyday. :) Enjoy every minute!!! I am happy for you!
I love your header picture of Chase. Too cute.

kauffeegrl said...

Oh, Jack LOVES that place, and it's right down the road from us! I'm very frustrated that I can't get out and enjoy this weather and all the fun fall stuff like I imagined I would, but hopefully next year.