It was not a nice Fall day today; more of a cold, rainy, dark day, but that didn't stop us from having an enjoyable day just being inside. My day's agenda was to include cleaning, cleaning, and oh, did I say clean? It's not that my house was dirty just not tidy and I needed to get caught up. Sounds simple enough but not with two little boys demanding my attention.
My first was to tackle the kitchen. But there were many "pit-stops" that included visiting and playing with the boys. And the first was, of course, playing trains with Chase. He's been on a Thomas the Train kick for about a month now. He got this train table for Christmas last year from his Grammy and would play with it now and again, but frankly he played trains on it for about a month before it just became a toy table; cars Little People, you name it. This is the first time since probably February that the tracks are all set up nice like a train table thanks to daddy. It's crazy how kids get stuck on a certain toy and then every.single.thing about that toy. He knows all the trains, it amazes me. We are working on putting useful information in his brain but he's gotta be a kid too.
I decided today to give Callen some "free-time" from his diaper. I just can't imagine being in one of those from birth 24/7 until 2 years or so and the only time out of one for a period of time is in the bath. I am researching going cloth for many reasons, cost, comfort and the environment, somewhat. I have debated about this before Callen was even born but couldn't get over the poopie part of it. But after some research online and on blogworld, I am contemplating it again as I am in need of diapers, so mine as well take the leap now.
Anyway, naked baby, so I laid a blanket on the kitchen floor and put a naked baby on it. This isn't his first "free-time" but this time he did pee, which was absolutely fine, he was at least on his belly. :)
While Callen was playing naked baby on the floor, Chase and I were at the table learning more about the letter C and candy corn. He is pretty smart with his ABC's, he knows all of them by sight and knows the sounds they make, but today we practiced writing the letter C. I found a fun website with learning tools and print outs. They had the cutest Fall oriented ones and one was about candy corn. I just love candy corn even though it is so very bad for you. But it signifies Fall so we must eat it.
I printed a few pages, one for writing the letter C and a few others for counting because we were also going to do the number 1 and number 2. For whatever reason he is struggling with numbers and counting. But in time he'll get it.
One printout was of a candy corn where we glued the eyes, nose and mouth on, as well as the legs and feet. The legs were two letters C's and the feet were candy corns. After we finished assembling him, Chase looked at him and said, "He's missing arms." So I made some arms and gave him a candy corn in his hand.
The print out I found for the numbers was related to using candy corns too. For the number 2 we counted two real candy corns and then I drew two candy corns in the jar. We practiced writing it, somewhat.
The final revelation for the day is...Chase is not to have anymore candy corn. Oh my, he doesn't normally have sugary sweets anyway and then to learn using candy corn. Wow. I can so see a difference in him when he has a lot of sugar. He doesn't listen, gets crazy and obnoxious, does naughty things just because and more. So he is officially limited to maybe 1 or 2 a day. Mean maybe, but I like my child to be sugar-free, nearly sugar-free anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment