Tonight was a night of sorting through some of Chase's clothes, ones he has outgrown or are winter. My intentions actually were to shampoo his carpet but decided it would be better to do that during the day so it will be dry by the time he goes to bed. So sorting clothes it was. Daddy took Chase to the garage with him for a bit so I could hammer down and get this task over without little hands helping me to "sort" them. But goodness, it is certainly a more challenging task when you are 9 months pregnant, sitting on the floor just isn't that convenient or comfortable nor is going in the attic. So after I realized how demanding and tiring it was to crouch in the attic, and get into containers, I decided to throw them in some diaper boxes until I have my belly back to size and I am more functional.
After about 45 minutes, I hear little chattering which meant daddy was bringing my busy hands back in to help me. He likes to help daddy in the garage too and that lends daddy to not getting much done either. So I had to distract him that he wasn't going back out, a hershey kiss did the trick. He came upstairs with me to finish the sorting. And I was right on his help "sorting" but that's ok, I was just about finished so I let him "help".
As I was picking up, he was laying on the floor chit chatting so I decided to join him. I grabbed his blanket, bundled it up in a ball and laid down as if we were looking at the stars. "What's mommy doing?" he chatted. "Laying down with Chase." "Mommy silly." After about 2 minutes, if that, I realized that again being 9 months pregnant and laying flat on the floor wasn't as comfortable as I wished nor did the baby think so either. So I rolled to my side, again not that comfortable but we were having fun. Chase grabbed some of my blanket to put his head on and then out of nowhere he says..."Chase happy." Awww, it just melted my heart. I replied. "Mommy happy too." Then after a few more minutes of chit chatting with each other he says, "I wuv mommy." Oh my goodness, again melt my heart. So sweet, so innocent, so real.
I may be nesting but stopping to cherish a few moments with my little man was priceless. Too bad he had to be a stinker at bedtime. Oh, bedtime, he's so unpredictable from day to day.
Oh, he has finally figured out his strength and can open the fridge by himself. So before bedtime we were getting a snack, well he was getting a snack while I was putting away the dishes. "Chase need cheese." So he grabs the cheese. "Chase need yogurt" and picks out a yogurt. But as he was choosing a yogurt the fridge started to close on him. "No fridge! Chase not done yet." He says yelling at the fridge. "No fridge, no close. Mommy need fridge open." He probably yelled at the fridge 3-4 times and you could hear the frustration in his voice, so I inconspicuously held the fridge open for him while he finished getting his snack.
Oh and I am about ready to be done with being pregnant. It's quite difficult to do the nesting I need to do with a big 'ol belly. I am organizing and beyond. I found some awesome thrift store/craigslist finds this past weekend, but they inadvertently caused me more work to get organized. I love hand-me-downs and we have received them in the toy department too. And since our house isn't quite set up for lots of toys, I must be organized to keep them under control. Thankfully for his birthday I requested outdoor things from family, where I plan to be all summer.
But anyway, everything I attempt to do causes some pretty intense braxton hicks, which are ok to me, maybe real ones will start, but I am trying to get past Brad's birthday. I got past Chase's, but Katie didn't. Baby Clayton was born on Chase's birthday. I thought that was so neat and special. Now when is it my turn? Brad says my actual due date, May 12. We'll see, I say May 9 or 10, no one knows but God.
So enough gibberish. I have a birthday post to finish but unfortunately Photoshop is not working which means I can't post pictures and you have to have pics to go with the party. Grrr.....
1 comment:
Let me give you some advice that I didn't follow- keep the clothes organized from the beginning. THat way you won't have clothes of all different sizes crammed into 25 totes in the garage haunting you.
So are you saying that you haven't mastered bedtime yet? Boy, I'm glad I dont have that problem. ;)
Can't wait to have Chase in my class this Sunday. Doesn't seem possible that he's two already, does it?
Post a Comment