Sunday, May 16, 2010

Quality time with my little man...

As we patiently wait the impending arrival of baby #2, Chase and I have had a few extra days of quality time together. I left work a few weeks early thinking baby #2 would be here by now and since I am only part-time, my presence wasn't as pertinent as it was when Chase was born. So I was able to hand my work off which left me with not much to do and frankly it is very uncomfortable to sit all day with my belly resting on my legs.

So we've had time to just hang out with each other. We've had some play dates, visited the Nonnie a few days, Katie and Gracie and then Clayton too when he arrived. And this past Friday I had another doctor's appointment since it was my weekly follow up. They originally had me due for May 13 which I didn't think was correct, I figured around May 20 or 21, one of those days. Anyway, the 13th came and went and nothing and knowing my history of a big baby, I was a little overwhelmed. I just can't go past my due date. Well, the doctor looked at my file and said that according to certain dates, my actual due date is May 17. Ok, so I know ultrasounds aren't always correct and I wanted to believe that my new due date is actually May 17 but then again was she just saying this to make me feel better? Well, it worked.

Back to our quality time. It was such a beautiful day that Chase and I stopped at a few garage sales, nothing spectacular, well nothing on my list but we got a few books and some onesies. I promised him we would go to the park so we headed to the Fairport park by the canal. It was getting close to his nap time but that didn't matter, we were going to have fun.

It was nice and quiet. I love that they had a little kid playground area where he could up the stairs and down the slide himself with very little mommy assistance. But either way he saw the big slide and wanted to go down which of course meant that mommy had to go with him. So we climbed the stairs and I finagled my way onto the slide and we went down together but I made sure he knew we were only going down once.



After sometime at the playground we walked up to the canal to feed the ducks. I found a nice sitting area for us on some rocks and we enjoyed our lunch together as we watched the ducks. And they were not disappointing, they gave us quite the show...fighting, diving under the water, landing in the water, eating some of our pb&j crust, and of course quacking. It was quite entertaining, we sat there for at least 45 minutes or more.

Plus two geese were there too to bring some entertainment. They actually almost came right up on our laps. I was cutting some apple and a piece accidentally fell into the water, a huge piece. I knew the ducks wouldn't eat it so we just watched it float. But then one of the geese saw it and started to nibble on it. I wasn't expecting that so of course we cut some more small pieces to feed him, I had two apples so we shared. Chase had so much fun, he has a pretty good arm and hit them a couple of times with the apple but then again some of them didn't even make it in the water but the geese came close enough to eat them.

As you can see Chase was enjoying the show too. I didn't have my camera so my phone pics will have to do.

No comments: