Have you ever had one of them mornings where it just needed to start over? Today was one of those for Chase. He's been off schedule for the past few days and decided this morning to start it early, 6am, after not going to bed until 9pm. He usually doesn't wake up until 7 or so and after having an early morning, 5:30am, yesterday and not a good nap, this morning was just not good.
I kind of had a feeling from the way he was crying when he woke up that he might be miserable. Brad got up with him while I got some more zzzzz's. I couldn't fall asleep last night and when I finally did, I didn't sleep well. Turning from one side to another is a monumental task and always wakes me up.
Anyway as I drifted in and out of sleep this morning, I heard a few glimpses of how the morning was going, and it was not good. Chase was so whiny and he wanted everything opposite of what Brad said/offered. Brad was doing good at holding onto his patience but I could tell it was starting to slip.
I finally woke up around 7:30 and rescued Brad. Chase at this point was out of control. Throwing himself on floor and being outright naughty and miserable. Oh the joys of a two year old tantrum. I picked him up and told him we needed to start his day over and pray for a good spirit. I took him to his room and laid him in his bed, of course this made him even more mad. I just sat on the floor next to his little bed as he had a fit and was uncontrollably crying, you know the absolutely I am naughty cry. I was fresh so I had a lot of patience and just kept saying to myself, he is over tired and can't help himself. He doesn't want to be naughty but is so far off the deep end he can't recover. I told him we needed to pray for him to have a good attitude and sweet spirit. I then prayed that I would have a sweet spirit with handling him. I just kept saying "A soft answer turned away wrath."
Eventually I told him he needed to stay in his bed and go back to sleep. Of course he was not having that and was miserable. I shut the door and went downstairs. I could hear him get up and go to the door and start crying. Either he was going to cry himself to sleep at the door or go to his bed, which I knew wasn't going to happen. So I let him cry for awhile and went back up and gave him some loving and just held him. I sat on the edge of his bed and rocked him. "Mommy hold Chase like a baby. Mommy rock Chase." he said in between sniffles. I rocked him and rubbed his legs and feet as I watched him give into the monster within and fall asleep. I would have loved to hold him for a bit but his baby brother in my big 'ol belly kind of gets in the way and I am quite uncomfortable. So I carefully laid him down and he whimpered but finally went back to sleep.
Now I just hope he rests enough to start the day fresh and anew as the sweet Chase.
No comments:
Post a Comment