We celebrated Chase's 2nd birthday this past weekend, 5/1, we had to make sure we got it in before his baby brother arrives. Let me tell you it was the most exhausting two days ever. Friday I did nothing but run around, doctor's appointment, garage sales (of course), grocery shopping, last minute birthday supply shopping, Salvation Army find (answered prayer...another post), cleaning and more. It was a late night. I did little favors for all the kids and was up putting those together. That was the most fun that day even if it was late.Saturday was exhausting too but for a whole other reason...it was his Birthday Party!! I started out the morning by finishing his cake. I did three different cakes, yes three. Funfetti cupcakes, and then a double layer cake, half chocolate and half yellow with vanilla pudding in the middle. It was quite tasty and turned out cute, I'd say.
Thankfully I don't plan parties until late and after naps, 4pm, so I had the whole day to finish preparations and cleaning. Plus, we had to make a drive over to pick up my new double jogging stroller, again another answered prayer found on craigslist, love that site.
We were blessed to have such a beautiful, warm 70+ degree day. Definitely not the norm for NY on May 1, but truly a blessing since we have many cousins and friends that were invited and we needed the big, open outdoors to play. It was nice having the weather cooperate with us, even if it was a little windy, but that is how it is on our hilltop.
It's hard to be the party planner, hostess, mommy, wife, assistant chef and photographer for a birthday party, and oh yes, 8.5+ months pregnant on top of that. So I might not have gotten as many photos as I would've liked. Well for one, I wanted a shot of all the kids together with their "construction" party hats on, but that didn't happen. Or just one of all the kids would have been nice. Nor did I get one of all the party favor boxes I did for each of the kids. Well, I do have Chase's still that I can get a picture of, I don't know we'll see. Kind of low on the agenda right now.
Ella decided Papa looked better with her hat on.
Anyway it was a wonderful day and I believe everyone had a great time. Dinner took a little longer than planned, I guess our grill wasn't as big as we thought when you start to cook 35 hamburgers plus hot dogs. But after a few grease splashes and small grilled contained grease fires, everyone was fed and ready for cake/ice cream and presents. While Brad and I attended the grill, we had some tattle tales let us know that Chase was checking out his presents on his own. So yes, there were a few items that got opened that I am not quite sure where they came from but that's ok I guess, we should have been watching our child. :)
Ella decided Papa looked better with her hat on.
Where have these two years gone? I can't believe that our lil man who came into this world at a whopping 10lbs. 2oz. is already two. He's such a blessing and joy. Every day is a special day with moments to remember and cherish. I love my little chatter box, he just loves to talk and talk, full sentences too. It's so funny because sometimes he gets so excited that his tongue can't keep up with his brain. He starts and stops a few times until he gets it just right.
He knows most of the letters of the alphabet by looking at them and the sound they make but he doesn't know the ABC song. I guess we taught him backwards. He loves to count, working on counting to 20, almost there.
It's amazing what a little man he is, so independent and such a personality and already a negotiator. Where do they learn that anyway?
A Christmas gift from Grandpa S. that needed to come out to play. He's just so stinkin' cute.
Chase was the only one that wore his hat for most of the day. He loved it and it was so cute on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment