Wednesday, May 12, 2010

As I patient/impatiently wait...

Ok, so I know I am stubborn and I wanted baby Salatino #2 to wait until after Chase's birthday and Brad's and come on his due date, which is today. But apparently he is too because here I am, on the couch with no pain. I was determined he'd be here tomorrow, well he still could, but I would be in the hospital right now, not on the couch.

I've done so much in the past week that I am surprised I haven't started labor yet. I definitely haven't made it comfortable for him to be in there but maybe he likes all the movement. Chase and I went grocery shopping today, a two mile walk down the road and up a huge hill and ended the night picking up sticks. Still nothing. Well, he is moving a lot in there, as if he is turning around, so at least I hope he's not too big because he still has room to move. One more day means more weight...not in my favor.

I've nested to the point that I've even started to nest in the shed converted work out room too. And I almost nested too much in the house to the point where I just want all the furniture out of the house because it feels overwhelming. But since we don't have any decent storage, closets etc, I have to have some extra furniture to hide all the toys that come with little boys. And having four different flooring in our living room, stairs, and hallway is starting to bug me. I know in time we will either finish with hardwood or re-carpet but ugh, it's getting old. No one to blame but myself, I'm the one that tore it out, but it is better than before, cleaner I should say, not looks.

So hear I sit, baby Clayton is already a week old and baby Celso will be entering the world tomorrow. Like Brad said I just like them well done. Thankfully though I am not uncomfortable and I am healthy.

1 comment:

carrie said...

How exciting Dawn- you are right there about to meet your new son! Keep yourself moving, this should speed things up. He must just be really comfortable in there, and waiting on his own time to come out!