I had to work today when I normally have Fridays off....I should've just stayed home.
6:30am...Leave the house head to Pittsford Wegmans driving so slowly because of the lovely snow.
7:30am...Get rear-ended. Can we say, Ouch! Oh the neck and back pain. And oh so loud of a muffler now.
7:50am...Arrive at Wegmans, get the food for the breakfast we sponsored at MCC. Load ALL the food, coffee, and fruit in my co-workers car.
8:20am...Arrive at MCC. Make four trips to bring in all the food. Grab enough donuts, muffins, and bagels to take to my dad's work where I will get an estimate on the damage.
9:00am...Call Dr. to schedule an ultrasound to make sure the baby and his home is ok. Leave MCC for my dad's work.
9:30am....Arrive at the shop, get an estimate, chit chat with my dad, drop off the snacks and coffee for everyone. Leave to go to the doctor's.
10:15am...Have 45 minutes to spare, what to do? Do I dare try grocery shopping in 45 minutes? It's never been done before, can it be done today? Let's give it a try, I mean I did have a thorough grocery list printed right from Wegman's website telling me where everything will be what aisle, cost etc. So I had faith it could be done and be within budget. So I parked, set my alarm and took off, headache, soreness and all.
11:00am...Leaving Wegmans. I did it! Not sure if I forgot anything yet. Probably.
11:15...Dr's appt. Ultrasound came back ok with no abnormalties, the next little man was just as happy as can be floating around in there and his home was in good shape too.
12:00pm...Leave Dr.'s office, run to Target to get dog food, and the paper towels and toothpaste I forgot.
12:30pm...Head to Webster to drop off stuff for work at the picture framing shop.
12:45pm...Finally on my way to work to make an afternoon meeting.
1:45pm...Get to work, fill everyone in. Sit down to turn my computer on and no computer. ?? Long story short, it's broken and not on my part.
2:15pm...Since we didn't get a police report I wanted to call to just let them know it happened, so I try to find the police station number. Couldn't find anything for Pittsford so I just called the town, they told me to call 911. Well, it's not an emergency and happened this morning, I just want to report it for record keeping. You still need to call 911. Ok, then. I hung up and called 911...from work. STUPID. Never, never call 911 from a financial institution. Everyone from Senior Management was by my side in 2 seconds. I was clueless until...it hit me. Oh my what did I do? What an idiot. I was the brightest red ever. And to make it worse I was a manager before so I knew what happened when you call 911. I felt like a total, total idiot. It's Friday, right?
2:40pm...Get to my meeting. Uneventful. Thankfully.
4:30pm...Leave work to head home. Try for the fifth time to reach my general Dr. to see if I can get in to get checked for my neck and back. I've never been in an accident and not sure on what pain is normal for whiplash. Finally I reach someone besides a voicemail. Honey, you need to go to the emergency room all the doctors leave at 4pm on Fridays. Ok, again it's not an emergency I just want to get checked out and have a report in case I have complications later on. You will have to go to the emergency room. So do I or don't I? Call Brad, what does he think. Whatever you think. Well, second guessing usually means it will come back to bite me later. Oh I'll just go. I'll go to Newark where it will be less busy. I felt like a moron walking into the emergency room with no emergency. But I was the only one there. Works for me.
5:15pm...At triage explaining what happened, my pain level, check my vitals...good. Go to another room and wait for the nurse/doctor. Have my entire spine checked, sore and tender. We should do x-rays on the base of your neck. What about the baby? The baby will be ok and safe.
6:00pm...Get wheeled to x-rays by the most talkative nurse, she was too funny. She was the type of person with the bubbly, kind of goofy personality but she would never know it. Definitely someone that would lighten the mood not even knowing she was. She put all the garb on me and a sensor to confirm I didn't get any rays on me or the baby.
6:20pm...Get back from x-rays and just relaxing. Kind of strange that I was able to relax in the emergency room. But it was the first time that day that I had sat down and "relaxed" even if I was in one of those stupid hospital gowns and in the emergency room. The PA offered the tv while I waited but I just layed there and listened as a fly on the wall. Interesting what you hear going on in an emergency room. Young 14 year old who fell wrong on his ankle, sprain/fracture? Others on wheeled beds going to other parts of the hospital and then over the loud speaker..."Code Blue arrival in 11 minutes. Repeat. Code Blue arrival 11 minutes." Three times this was announced.
6:30pm...PA Jessica informs me that two of the x-rays look good and she was just waiting on the third but the doctor has to see them too and we have an emergency coming in so it might be a little while. Ok, I know I am fine but what am I going to do besides wait. So wait I did. I never saw the ambulance arrive but 30 minutes later, three people walked by and the one in the middle was crying very hard. Oh goodness. I just sat there and thanked God for all the good in my life and that I was ok, the baby was ok and Chase wasn't in the car with me.
Then I got thinking, that's it, in just a blink of an eye your entire world could be turned upside down. What should or could I be doing more in my life? What is important in life? We all live our lives everyday and don't even realize how we interact and effect one another. You know how many people I was in contact with today and spoke too? 20 at least. That's 20 people's lives I could have made worse or better by my actions and reactions. I can think of two that weren't too nice to me, just seemed miserable and to hate their jobs. And then there was the x-ray lady, Lujean or Lu is what everyone calls her. I remember her and her fun spirit. Or the PA Jessica in the emergency room, very sweet, kind and genuine.
I want to think I was pleasant despite the pain and frustrations of the day. But you know, it happened and it's up to me and how I react. No one is at fault for the day's happenings, well besides the young girl that hit me, but I was pleasant with her amidst the adrenaline rush. She was scared. I even called her later in the day to verify her address and I was pleasant. Accidents happen, unfortunatley.
It does matter a whole lot on how I react to situations. I am to be an example, a Christian example. If I am hollering and yelling and just outright a witch, why would they want what I have? Even though no one that I came in contact with today, except a few people that I know personally, knew outright that I was a Christian, it still matters. I could have made their day worse or better. If you've ever worked customer service and had to deal with an irrate customer, you know how that can ruin your whole day. Just a thought as I reflect on the today and look to a new day starting.
Oh to finish my day...
7:00pm...Get discharged, call Brad to let him know I am on my way home after getting gas. Ugh.
7:30pm..Arrive home and see my men. Mommy!! Chase yells from building blocks. He then proceeds to run around crazy. I love him so much. Oh and I forgot the groceries have been in the trunk since 10:30 this morning. So thankful for freezing weather and no sun.
7:45pm...Put away groceries, give Chase some blueberries and raspberries.
8:00pm...Say goodnight to Chase so Brad can get him to bed. Kisses. Hugs. Kisses. Hugs. Get in the shower.
9:00pm...Finally sit down to relax for the evening.
10:45pm...Going to bed. Oh yes, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
3 comments:
What a boring day, huh?
I would blame the untimely 911 call on pregnancy brain. It's a good excuse and probably completely true!
I just reread my comment and realized that the "probably" doesn't sound right. Please reread my comment without the "probably?" :)
I'm glad everything is ok! your day sounds completely exhausting! I hope you never have another one like it.
Post a Comment