Friday, January 1, 2010

Meet Snowman Salatino and his little friend...

It was a such a great first day of 2010, a packed day actually. Sleeping in, breakfast and then playing trains, blocks and animals with Chase. This has been my day everyday since Christmas. "Mommy play trains. Mommy play blocks." Oh, and daddy gets invited too but usually not together. I went to play when daddy was playing and Chase told me no, daddy play. Well, ok then.

After playing for awhile we decided that since daddy was going outside to shovel, Chase and I would join him, not to shovel of course, but to play. So we got all bundled up and headed out to the snow. When I realized it was perfect snowman building snow, the ball starting rolling. And I really mean rolling, I got it started and pushed it down our steep hill. Chase and I followed, slowly but surely Chase made it down the hill with mommy's help.

As me and my pregnant self built our first snowman of the year, Chase sat on the hill and watched. I built him a miniature snowman in the meantime and miniature meaning about a foot tall. I also threw snowballs at him while he laughed and said more. Well, until my aim was off and I planted one right in his face. Talk about a horrible mom. Thankfully they weren't real snowballs but just picking up snow and tossing it at him. I cleaned off his face and we were good to continue building.

After all three parts of the snowman were together we called over daddy to stack them for us. After patting them down and rounding it a bit I decided to build a "Chase" snowman. This Chase helped a little. He put the arms on him. And of course we need eyes and nose. So instead of "eyes made of coal" our snowman sported black olives and baby carrots for a nose. Oh, and the black olives made great buttons too. Marveling the results of our handywork.

Chase putting his new John Deere tractor from Grandpa S. to work. If only we could really plow with it.

2 comments:

kauffeegrl said...

We saw your little snowmen guys when we drove by last night and I was going to say something to you. They are very cute!!!

Queenb said...

OMG LOVE the pics of Chase in his tractor!!!