Well, that being said I kind of broke my "no theme" rule and did buy a matching bedroom set such as the comforter, curtains, pillows, bumper etc. for Chase's baby brother. It's funny because Chase never used his bumper, which I am sure we won't for his brother either, but it is so cute. I will probably hang his comforter on the wall as decor, like his Chase's. But even though I did breakdown and buy the set, it still will not be real themey.
I plan on having it be based around safari animals. Having Chase I realize how much fun it is to have animals and how much he enjoys them. I plan on obtaining, not collecting, many different small safari animals such as the mid-size TY animals. I like that they have the beans in them and are small. Chase loves them too. My mom had about 10 already from her garage-saling over the years and gave them to me. So the search continues to fill a basket full of them.
Without further ado....here is the bed set I found on Ebay, brand new. I couldn't decide between two and went with this one because it wasn't as busy, I liked the colors, and the curtains were basic. And no I did not get the border and don't plan on it. I also didn't get the lampshade or mobile, I actually just remembered the other day that I already have a mobile with giraffes that just might match.

And then Katie surprised me today with an early birthday present, she was too excited she had to give them to me today. They are so stinkin' cute and will go perfectly in the baby's room. They are so unique and just how I want the room to be...fun and unique. Not quite sure how I am going to display them but I do know I will find something fun.
When I was looking at them again tonight Chase wanted to give everyone of them a kiss as I put them back. It was so stinkin' cute and out of nowhere.Now if only the room was finished. We need to put a floor in, plaster/sand/prime one of the walls, paint all the others and the ceiling. And I am debating on doing wainscoating, it will help with sound but not sure how it will look in the room. We'll see, oh and if it's in the budget too. Plus we need to get the baby crib, glider etc. All in time and God will provide, he always has.
1 comment:
awesome theme! I love it. That was what I did Brooklyn and Eli's room in since it can be neutral. And it does grow with them. But it is easy to collect things. That was why Eli's 1st birthday party was that theme also. lol. I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm so excited for you guys!!
And you had asked me a question about blurry backgrounds. You can obtain that look with knocking your apeture down but the lense I have also does that for me. (85mm 1.8.) And I just love that picture of my dog that now I'm thinking of getting one framed. And don't worry she gets plenty of treats (and extra when she steals food from the kids plates.)
Post a Comment