The morning started with Chase sleeping in, which meant mommy and daddy sleeping in, yeah! Then fresh blueberry pancakes with fresh blueberry syrup, neither Brad nor Chase used the yummy blueberry syrup, they so missed out. And while I was in the blueberry mood I made Chase some mini healthy whole-wheat blueberry muffins. He loves them. I cut the recipe in half and made about 20 mini-muffins. Put about five in the fridge and froze the rest for snacks for later.
After breakfast it was cleaning time, as always. And now whenever I do dishes Chase wants to play in the bubbles. He drags the chair over and says "Chase play bubbles." It's our "cleaning" time together. I actually enjoy washing the dishes as he plays and then I even dry and put them away.
Giving Bob a bath. We bought him at the thrift store so a bath was much needed.
More Saturday around the house work. We've been working on cleaning out the baby's room since we have so much to do in there and it has been the "catch-all" room for some time. But in order to clear out the storage bins, Brad needed to put some more plywood down in the attic to make room. That was a task in and of itself, pratically all morning.
Lunch time came and went and before we knew it, it's time for Chase to take a nap. Thankfully, oh so thankfully, he went down without a fuss. For some reason this week he has been out of sorts and giving me trouble whenever it was time to sleep, nap or bedtime. He would cry when he went down and cry when he got up. But this morning he woke up and was playing happily in his crib until he called to get out. It put joy back in my heart to wake up to my "old" Chase. And then to go down easy for his nap was oh so wonderful too.
After he got up from his nap, happy again, yes, he was a little clingy to daddy but woke up happy. We called some friends over for dinner and dessert so the boys could clean their guns. Boys and their toys, starts when their little and never stops.
Watch out calories here we come...
We decided to have homemade from scratch pizzas; one for the kids, pepperoni and cheese; and one for the adults, pepperoni, cheese, onions, green peepers and basil. Oh my heavenly goodness. Cloe made the kids dough and I the adults. Well, as we're in the middle of making the dough I noticed that I had "spilled" some yeast on my belly, great catch shelf, and then saw some on the floor. Oops, let's hope the dough rises.
After 20 minutes or so of rising, it was finally time to decorate them. Cloe's looked so much more fluffier, must be because all her yeast made it in the bowl. After our decorating it was time for the oven. Yes, finally. Set the timer and wait.
Adult pizza before the oven.
Let me say it again, Oh.so.yummy! Even with using half whole-wheat flour they were so good. Cloe's did puff up a little more but they were both delish and filling. Mason couldn't eat his fast enough, two pieces to be exact. He liked his sister's pizza better. :)
After 20 minutes in the oven.
And now for the grand finale...dessert!
This is where all diets are null and void...Chocolate Melting Cake or some people call it, Molten Chocolate Cake, either way it is sinfully rich and delightful. We first had this on one of our cruises and Brad found the recipe and modify it to four servings. We delight ourselves to this heavenly, rich dessert very seldom, so it is a real treat. Just imagine sweet, smooth chocolate melted with other yummy ingredients poured into ramekins, partially cooked so that the inside is warm and gooey. Serve while still warm with a huge, heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream, maybe two scoops.
Yes, it is that good. The baby had a delightful sweet high tonight.
2 comments:
You do know that you're going to have to post that recipe, right?
I have found that homemade pizza dough is actually easier for me. I guess since that is all I have really used for as long as I can remember. My FIL loves it. Our favorite (adult) toppings are onions, green peppers, mild banana peppers, & pineapple. If you have never tried pineapple on your pizza, you should.
Is Chase down to one nap now? Eli is still taking 2. He went to 1 nap for awhile but he started taking 2 when the girls went back to school. I'm not for sure what that is about. He is definitely an on the go type of guy. I actually took a picture of him watching TV this weekend because he so rarely does it. lol
Post a Comment