I never seem to do things simple and that's true for telling my my parents I was pregnant with #2. I love to make things even more exciting because rarely do I have exciting news to tell. So a few weeks ago Chase and I were going over to my parents for a visit. Before loading Chase in the car he found a big rock that we wanted to play with, so I of course let him take it. What do I care that he plays with a dirty rock, he's a boy and loves his rocks. It's so cute when he says rock too.
Anyway, I hadn't decided or thought of anything creative on how to tell my parents so I was just going to say it. But then I noticed the nice smooth surface on the rock, found a black Sharpie and named the rock. I wrote in big letters, "Big brother" on the rock. Chase was so excited to see writing and I kept telling him what it said on the way there.
As soon as we arrived and I got him out of his car seat, I told him to go show Nonnie his rock. He was so excited and toddled over to Nonnie and dropped it. I had positioned it just right in his hands but did I really think he would hold it that way the whole time. Well, when he picked it up to show her, my mom was asking Chase what's that on your rock. "Rock," Chase said. And my mom totally missed what it said, probably her eyesight, where's her reading glasses. So I told her what it said, "Big Brother". What? she said. It was so funny because it didn't dawn on her right away and then she of course got real excited. Whereas my dad totally missed it...as usual. I explained to him that I was pregnant. It was too funny. Sometimes I wonder if I should just tell them in a simple way to cause less confusion. Nah. That takes the fun out of it.
I didn't have my camera so I didn't get a picture of Chase or the rock. Stink. It was too cute too. Oh, well the memory is there.
No comments:
Post a Comment