Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chirp, chirp

It's what 9:20pm right now? And it was over an hour ago I put Chase down for Nee. Nee. I was casually laying on the couch entering some lia sophia orders, blogging and watching Brad play football on the PS3 against Jeff, who was at home playing Brad. Pretty cool what you can do with internet.

Anyway, as I was saying, I was just sitting hear and all of the sudden I hear birds chirping, not live birds of course, but the birds that chirp on Chase's little bedtime soother. It's a crib vibrator that has a nightlite, makes bird chirping sounds and vibrates, not all these at once but they are options. We tend to just use the vibrator when he is being fussy and then the nightlite most of the time.

But back to the chirping. When we hear birds chirping we know that Chase is up, either in the morning or like tonight. We both thought he was sound asleep because he was quiet as a mouse, but then...chirp, chirp. The little stinker was up and playing in his crib and playing with the buttons. A few seconds after he turned the birds on he started yelling...mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy...yes he just continues until I come up.

He was wide awake wanting to chat. So I picked him up and we rocked. "Rock" he says. We chatted and sang. But he still wasn't settled which meant he was probably a little hungry. He had a good dinner but didn't have his bedtime snack. For whatever reason I didn't give him one. I grabbed him half a plain Graham cracker and we sang, did a few Eskimo kisses and Butterfly kisses and then I put him back down for Nee. Nee.

And goodnight he went. Nee. Nee. Chase.

No comments: