
Yes, I have finally made the decision to embrace Fall. Normally I welcome it gladly because I love the change of leaves, brisk, cooler weather, burning candles that smell of cinnamon, using the crock pot regularly, baking apple pies and pumpkin yummies.
But this year, Fall hit me on a sour note. I was still disgruntled over a very cool summer and was not ready for the cooler weather to hit so soon. And yes, it did hit sooner than normal. So for the first two weeks in October I became a hermit, only going out when necessary, I stopped walking and exercising and just became plain miserable. Frankly, I think a lot of it was due to my preggar hormones and extreme sleep deprivation, but the cold weather didn't help. I found myself going to weather.com and looking up our old zip code in NC to see what the weather was and getting mad when it popped up 75 degrees.
Yes, I still do think about our NC home. I can't help it, Brad and I did liked it there, it was most like home, even though it wasn't. It had it's positives and negatives but we did enjoy our stay. But you know the old saying...you always remember the positive when looking back...I mean I know when we were there that I complained about now having a real Fall, well nothing like we experience here. But for now, NY is where the LORD has us and wants us and we are happy despite the 7 months of winter.
So back to Fall. Finally last week I decided that I was going to embrace this year's cooler Fall and enjoy it. Chase and I can bundle up if we want to go out, we need the fresh air and vitamin D. So embrace it we have. Pumpkins and mums adorn my outside door, cinnamon candles are burning, squash is waiting to be cooked, crock pot has been in use, and apples wait on the counter to be turned into apple pie.
I am actually very excited now, almost giddy, because November is around the corner which means Thanksgiving and then Christmas. I love Christmas, not for the gifts, but the coziness and warmth that comes along with Christmas. And this year Chase will be so more involved. I am excited to start our own traditions and teach Chase the true meaning of Christmas and not to turn into a child that just wants toys and more toys. I really don't want any toys for him, he has so, so many. But rather I am going to think on his gifts for his gift list for family and make it unique and useful. Stuff that requires thinking and creativity. I really hate the toys that are all battery operated, make tons of noise and do everything for him. Yet again, that is for another day.
So Fall I am happy you are here and am excited to get cooking/baking more in the kitchen. But I must make sure to exercise more to offset all the taste testing. My little secret...I almost started playing holiday music today, yes, I know, October isn't even over yet. But I didn't.
Embracing Fall at the Town Park. 










2 comments:
adorable pics Dawn! I have yet to embrace the fall here in the south- it does hang around longer here though than up north, so no rush :) I totally agree with you about not wanting Chase to have a million toys. One day we will probably do the same for our own kiddos- and let them use their 'imagination' a rare thing it seems these days to some folks!
Adorable pictures of Chase (and his friend.) I love how the berries add a little punch to the pictures. Christmas is always a hard for us. The Grandma's want to buy so much that sometimes it's hard for Santa to have anything left. I'm cutting back the lists that I give them this year in hopes that we don't bring home as much. Last year was ridiculous! Have a great FALL season! Get outside when you can!
Post a Comment