Saturday, November 1, 2008

A day in the life of...

I just love Saturdays, it means a whole day to spend with my baby boy. We woke up lazily this morning, all three of us in bed (Chase is a snuggler and likes to sleep with me, but he doesn't come to our bed until later in morning.) I would love to co-sleep all through the night but Brad would rather I not, he thinks I might suffocate him...what a worry wort. Then why do we have a king-sized bed? Well, that's besides the point.


Back to our lazy Saturday morning. We all woke up...Chase cooing and smiling. Daddy changed his diaper while mommy went down to make breakfast...french toast (which will be Chase's lunch). Then a long day of cleaning pursued. First I rearranged the living room, organized our books and magazines, played with Chase, dusted, vacuumed, fed Chase and put him down for a nap, cleaned the bathroom, put a load of laundry in, played with Chase, washed some dishes, fed Chase, played with Chase, straightened the entry way, snuggled with Chase while he napped and I snuck in a 20 minute nap too. Then the doggies barked to announce that Grammie and Papa were here for a visit. Chase sleepily woke up, not quite sure if he really wanted to be awake.
After an hour of visiting with the in-laws, it was time for Chase's dinner and nap. Mommy took this time to hurriedly make some chocolate chip cookies for Brad, Matt Secore and Pastor, who were so graciously over all afternoon helping Brad finish siding our house. The cookies turned out yummy.

Chase woke from his nap and was so excited to play with daddy while mommy cooked dinner and pureed Chase's carrots...which means a stinky baby later. I didn't realize carrots give Chase stinky diapers...daddy was the lucky one the first time we fed him carrots. :) I planned that of course. After a yummy dinner, daddy and Chase played while mommy cleaned up dinner and washed the dishes. Now it was time for Chase's bath...his favorite.


We give him a bath in his little tub in the kitchen sink. Our faucet can be set to spray, which Chase loves, it's kind of like a shower for him. After a warm shower/bath off to the nursery for clean, warm jammies and a goodnight snack. Off to the wonderful world of zzzzzzzz's.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

What cute pictures of the 2 of you and what a busy Sat. Despite all the weekend work it is nice to have the babies right there beside you. You should definitely try the pumpkin pictures. I had a blast taking them.