Chase's fever finally broke this morning. He slept on me all night and we woke up together...soaked. We stayed in bed until 10 this morning, both needing our rest. He still wasn't 100%, a little ashen and weak but he was doing much better. Nonnie came over around 11:30 to watch him while I went to work for half the day.
When I got home he was pretty much back to his old self, babbling and carrying on. It's so good to have my happy, fun-loving baby back. I wish I knew last night that he would be better today but am thankful we went to the doctor. She made us go through all that testing because he was breathing very fast and heavy and she wanted to rule out anything real bad. At least I will know a little bit more in the future when he is sick. I guess all new parents must experience a scary sickness at some point or another, but I would rather not have to put my child through that again. However, I am so thankful that God blessed us with a healthy child. As Brad stated last night, he couldn't imagine having to go through what some parents have to when they have a sick child with a disease.
God did bring comfort to my heart last night as I wrote my blog. I have newly added a Daily Promise to my site and yesterday's was Revelation 21:4
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Even though it's about the tribulation, I read it for me and my night..."neither shall there be any more pain." It was comforting.

Notice the left over squash on my arm from his dinner. :)
still a little bit sick.
3 comments:
I love his big dark eyes! I could just fall into them. I'm so glad he's better! Having sick children just stinks.
Glad to see that your little man is feeling better and looking more handsome than ever. Cute pictures of all of you.
I'm so glad he's feeling better. I missed him in the nursery.
Post a Comment