I've always wanted to make homemade bread but just never did until Sunday morning before church, of all times. But little did I realize that you either let it rise for an hour or so or put it in the fridge. Well, I didn't have an hour to wait then cook it so I put it in the fridge until we got home. Long story short, I thought it had risen enough but it seemed tough. I decided to cook it anyways. And here are the results...look funny but they tasted pretty good.

6 comments:
Shhhhh...just tell everyone that you wanted them to look like that. That's what I always do. :)
I don't think I commented on your previous blog, but I love that story (food processor). Great positive spin on what could have made you a little bitter.
This looks like my first attempt at making bread also! I don't think mine even tasted good! Keep trying- just give yourself PLENTY of time as bread is as slow as molasses to make. But it's worth it!
I still think it looks delish!! good attempt anyway!
Did you use Amy's recipe? I did and it came out good but I had to call her ten times for help. :)
Well, who cares what it looks like, as long as it tastes good. There's nothing better than fresh, hot bread on Sunday afternoon.
My girls and I are all laughing at you right now. :) We let it sit for 20 minutes, then punch it down, make it into loaves and let it rise for about 3 hours, until it's up over the top of the pan.
Tips for hurrying it along: Turn the oven on for one minute just to heat it, then TURN OFF, close the door and leave the bread inside to rise while you're at church. Then when we get home, we just turn the oven on to 350 and bake. If I'm home and I got a late start with it, I'll turn the oven on as low as it goes (170 degrees for my oven) and leave the door wide open. If I'm baking something else already, I just leave the bread on the stovetop and the heat from the oven helps it along.
Try again! It's worth it!
Ooo They are pretty. Put them in a fancy packaging and come up with a new name for them. Then tell everyone that it is a secret family recipe. (: How did you get them to wrap around like that? O, I forgot, it is a secret. (:
Elisabeth S.
Post a Comment