Last Tuesday and Wednesday it had been snowing non-stop and windy. Since we have such a wonderful driveway, (sarcasm) I didn't even attempt going anywhere unless absolutely necessary. Plus, whatever it is, it wouldn't be important enough for me to risk driving in it with two little ones. So we made ourselves comfortable with our cozy fire and a little bit of everything...baking peanut butter blossoms, gingerbread men or babies(explain later), gingerbread-graham houses, lego towers and more.
Unfortunately neither cookies really turned out that great. The peanut butter blossoms have been an on-going joke since they were just about as hard as rocks. I knew my oven cooked fast but goodness not that fast. At least I can laugh at my "failed" baking and that's just because I know I can bake. :) Looks are deceiving because they look delicious but that's where it stopped.
And then Chase wanted to make gingerbread men, well a gingerbread baby to be exact. I gave him a Christmas book about a gingerbread baby and he loves it. So he was excited to make his own. Well, I ran out of ginger and we made a cocoa gingerbread dough instead of the original. He helped me roll it out and cut out the gingerbread babies and gingerbread mommies.
Then it was time to taste the cooked ones. He took a bite and gave me this look and said, "These are yucky, I don't like them." and put it back. So Chase. I told him we needed frosting and he said, "yea I will like them with frosting." Well we never did frost them because I wasn't thrilled about their taste either. But at caroling tonight someone had brought some absolutely adorable decorated ones. I gave him one and he was so excited. I made it "run" across the table and yell....
Then it was time to taste the cooked ones. He took a bite and gave me this look and said, "These are yucky, I don't like them." and put it back. So Chase. I told him we needed frosting and he said, "yea I will like them with frosting." Well we never did frost them because I wasn't thrilled about their taste either. But at caroling tonight someone had brought some absolutely adorable decorated ones. I gave him one and he was so excited. I made it "run" across the table and yell....
"I am the Gingerbread Baby,
Fresh from the pan.
If you want me,
Catch me if you can!"
Fresh from the pan.
If you want me,
Catch me if you can!"
He started giggling. It was so cute.
In the meantime Callen was enjoying some puffs. I love watching him learn how to pick them up and make it to his mouth. I couldn't believe how fast he ate them, well until I went to get him out and saw a pile of them in his lap that didn't quite make it into his mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment