I bought some squash, sweet potatoes, and apples awhile back and finally today I cooked the squash and peeled some apples. I put the cooked squash and peeled apples in my good 'ol faithful Grandma's food processor and hit start. I added some cinnamon for more flavor and then decided to add oatmeal too. I put the squash/apple puree aside and put some oatmeal in the processor to grind down. Then I put the squash/apple mixture back in the with the oatmeal and processed a little more. Now it was time for the ice cube trays. It sounds pretty labor intensive but it's really pretty simple, I actually enjoy doing it. Callen seemed to like it too.
In addition to baby food, I made granola bars and some other homemade goodies for gifts, can't go into detail on those just yet. The granola bars turned out delicious, they are actually "energy" bars and oh so yummy. I have quite the list of homemade goodies I am attempting, definitely should have started earlier but that is ok, the house will just have to wait and the kitchen will be a baker's mess, no biggie it's Christmas, isn't that what a kitchen is supposed to be this time of year anyway?
No comments:
Post a Comment