Anyway since we spent all day Saturday rearranging the living room, we didn't have time to go get our tree. Frankly when I woke up this morning I didn't think we could today either. It had snowed in the night and was still coming down. So after church I figured maybe the wind and snow would stop just enough so we could go get our tree after the kids got up from their nap. Well, Chase boycotted his nap, just one of them days and well, Callen only slept for 30 minutes.
So after looking outside and seeing we had a snow lull, we got the kids bundled up to go pick out our tree. I made sure I had the camera and room on the memory card and off we went to get our tree. I was so excited, we put the truck in 4-wheel drive and off we went.
We had our very own tree farm to go to, a friend of ours have many trees on his land and we were the only ones there to pick our "tree". Usually I am very picky and takes me forever, according to Brad, but this year it was going to be different. I just wanted a small, skinny tree to fit our new living room arrangement.
So we arrived about 15 minutes later and turned around to get the kids and both of them were zonked out. Figures. I was so upset but I couldn't rationalize waking them for my selfishness of wanting a memory. I knew they were both very tired so I snuck out of the truck to find the "one".
As I entered the forest I noticed one in the very first row, it was actually the very first one I saw but I kept on walking for a feet. Nothing. So I turned back and treaded through a six inches of snow to the truck. Quietly I got back in and pointed to Brad the tree and off he went with chainsaw in hand.
He threw it in the back of the truck and off we went, both boys still snoring away in the back. They were snuggly warm in their seats all bundled up in their snowsuits, apparently for no reason at all.
Thankfully we managed to go before we got hit by another storm. Not the tree cutting experience I imagined but that's ok, we can still decorate it together.
1 comment:
Well look at this way: since you blogged your experience, someday THAT will be the memory the kiddos have of getting the tree, right? And don't worry-there will be lots of other tree memories to be made. :-)
Post a Comment