Thursday, December 10, 2009

Naked baby painting...

Yes, for real. I am in the process of painting our upstairs hallway. I know. Strange. But since I ripped out the carpet, which I don't regret, we've had some unexpected expenses come our way that we have to tend to first. You know Brad needs a truck to get to work, so that came first, of course.

So what about disgusting leftover wood flooring that was staring back at me everytime I walked on it? Well, last Thursday my mom was visiting and suggested I paint it in the meantime. Perfect. I have tons of paint in the cellar, there has to be something I can use or mix together to make work. So that day Chase and I ventured down and grabbed about five gallons of leftover paint to see what I could come up with. Of course, his little four-wheeler had to come upstairs too. And of course I had to push him around the house before I could view the paint.

So finally after trying to open three cans with a screw driver and pliers and with Chase's help and no luck, I finally got a can of white satin paint open and a can of eggshell brownish that I used in the bathroom. I mixed them together to get a color I liked and Viola! my new hallway "carpet."


It makes is so much more liveable and it looks pretty good.
But where's the naked baby painting you ask. Well, if mommy is painting Chase wants to too. Actually I had about 95% of it done and then he decided he wanted to. So I asked Brad to put him in some raggedy clothes but as Brad took off his shirt and pants, Chase yells out..."Baaabyyy" which means "Naked Baby!" When he is getting dressed/undressed I sometimes play with him and say "Naked baby!" loud and get his belly. I put him down and he just hugged his belly and starting laughing and yelling "Baby!"So he likes to be naked now.
Well, I told Brad don't worry about clothes then, just let him paint naked. So out toddles Chase with a paintbrush in hand and just his socks. And of course, the first thing he painted was his socks, so the socks came off, why were they still on anyway. But I gave him his own paint and he "painted" the floor with me.

While we were painting and I look up and a paint brush is coming at my eye. "Paint eye" he says. "No, No, Chase." So he paints his own eye, well more like his brow.

Let's just say not much painting took place on my end, too busy trying to keep him from painting me and taking pictures of course, which was a challenge. He likes to get right in front of me and say "Cheese." Which of course he is too close to take one.


I've been playing with my camera settings so please don't mind the 'below-par' photos.

1 comment:

♥ Amy said...

So cute!! Of course, I'm a big naked baby fan here. :)