It seems like every year Christmas comes and goes in a blink of an eye even though right after Thanksgiving it feels like forever til Christmas Day. But here I sit reflecting on Christmas 2009 as it has come and gone again just like that. This year has been a year of memories for many different reasons, good and sad but experiencing Christmas through a child's eye is the best.

Christmas morning it was just the three of us. Since it was a late night for Chase on Christmas Eve, 10:30pm, he actually slept in the next morning, as did we. So when we lazily got up, we headed down for breakfast, cinnamon rolls for us and a granola bar for Chase, definitely not the ordinary but it's Christmas. While eating we opened our stockings and then off to open our gifts. I found a really cute Nativity book for Chase for Christmas but I think this one was still just a little too old for him. He did like the baby though.
No this is not the Nativity book, but Elmo.


We didn't buy many gifts for Chase knowing he would get spoiled from everyone else, so what we did get him was special, mainly books, John Deere, puzzles and some clothes. He really enjoyed unwrapping the gifts and would say "play" after each one. We took our time and just enjoyed letting him unwrap the gifts, his, mine and daddy's. It was so much fun and so different with a child. Last year was fun but nothing like this year and I am sure next year will be more of a blast as he'll understand a little more.




I am kind of, well really bummed at the quality of my pictures. I must have had it on the wrong setting or something. Most of them were blurry. Any suggestions of what I am doing or should be doing?
1 comment:
Are you shooting manually? Your shutterspeed may be too slow. It looks like you have enough light to shoot at a fast ISO.
Looks like you had fun with Chase on Christmas morning, kids are definitely a lot of fun to watch! And next year you will have a new little one, as will we :)
Post a Comment