Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chase cuteness...

It is such a blessing and joy to have a 19 month old during this sad time. They are just so innocent and clueless, kind of. Last night was our first night in almost 12 years without our "1st kid" and we knew it would be sad but leave it to a child to lighten the mood and your heart.

It was bath night which normally relaxes Chase and gets him ready for bed. Well, for whatever reason last night was not to be. Since we were both exhausted, we decided we would start his bath time a little earlier than normal which meant an early "nee.nee" time, except it kind of backfired. The bath didn't relax him at all, instead he was wired as if he took a bath in a bowl full of sugar. Brad brought him into his room to put his diaper and jammies on and of course he wanted to be "aw baby" translation "naked baby." So why not it was still a little early and he was wound up. His room hadn't warmed up just yet so it was a little chilly but it didn't seem to phase him. He ran around playing and getting books.

He grabbed a book and took it to daddy to read to him. But first Brad had to sit down on the floor with him. So as Brad was sitting there reading his book, Chase was standing there, shivering a tad, and excitedly listening. Then all.of.a.sudden. I screamed a little and started hysterically laughing. Brad put out a small holler and jumped up. Yup, Chase had peed on him. It was too funny. As soon as I screamed out in laughter and Brad jumped, it scared Chase and he stopped. Brad hurried up and grabbed Chase's towel to wipe the carpet and Chase decided to finish. He of course thought it was funny because we were both laughing. When he was done he still wanted to pee and kept saying "more. more." while trying to pee. It was hilarious.

It lightened the mood and brought some laughter and smiles. After he still didn't want a diaper and was running around. Finally we put a "nee. nee" diaper on him and his jammies. I thought I was in for a long, tough bedtime because he was so wound up but after a few books, which he now must choose and is very picky sometimes, we did our normal rock and singing and down for nee.nee. Just like that he was out. I looked at the clock and it was his normal bedtime...so much for starting earlier. But that's ok we had some good quality time with our spitfire.

On a different note Chase does ask for Sierra. He was looking out the window this morning for her saying "Janie?" I told him Janie was bye-bye. "Outside" he says. Yes, honey, outside. Sniff. Sniff. Moments like these make it hard. Or when we are reading one of his books and he all of sudden yesterday decided to call one of the dogs "Janie". He absolutely adored her, as did she him. And Jasper misses her too. He goes outside in the morning looking for her and then just lays down.

The last photos of Sierra Jane. I took these Thursday when Chase and I went out sledding. I tried to take them so it didn't show just how terribly skinny she was and I had to be quick because she couldn't be out long.
I love this one...Chase just adored her.

3 comments:

Queenb said...

That is SO funny about Chase peeing on Brad and saying "more". OMG, made my day.

Ahh yes, the sadness of kids asking about the pets. My dad had a special cat that CJ knew since he was a newborn, and he also died of cancer about 1.5 years ago. It was very hard explainig to him about kitty heaven, and CJ still to this day will cry over him b/c they were such buds. Poor Chase....

kauffeegrl said...

Very funny story. :-) I'm glad you got some pics of your last days with Sierra. When Chase is older he will really appreciate those memories. R.I.P. Sierra Jane!

Stacy said...

Kids are amazing healers or maybe it's just a distaction. Anyway, they can definitely put smiles on our faces when we are feeling the worst.