Monday, November 30, 2009

Never as planned...

Well, that seems to be our life lately which is ok...sometimes. It seems that everytime Brad and I try to plan a little getaway something comes up. And this time instead of Chase being sick it is our oldest dog, Sierra. She's been ill for about two months and getting worse and losing weight. After two blood tests the vet isn't sure what it is and frankly we can't afford to pay for more tests. So for now we are treating the symptoms, everything runs right through her. So she is on a steriod, antiobiotic and bland diet.

We were going to board them while we were gone but after hearing it would cost $18 per dog per night plus their kennel cough shot($22 each) and flu shot ($24 each), we decided, yeah right. It'd cost more to board them than our trip.

And on top of Sierra, Brad's truck is having computer issues and may cost a pretty penny to fix. So after thinking about it and not wanting to put anymore stress or responsibilily on my mom, who would be watching Chase and the dogs, I decided that we shouldn't go. NYC isn't going anywhere for Christmas and we'll have another time. I know life happens and something will always come up but we also need to be responsible. Being an adult can stink sometimes.

Oh and I added another expense by ripping out our carpet. :) But I can live with the hardwood for now.

Chase cuteness....

Tonight while grocery shopping I bought Chase some new 'just for toddlers' toothpaste. It had Thomas the Train on it and tasted Tutti Fruti. He loves to "brush" his teeth. So as soon as I gave it to him he said, "teeth." So we let him brush his teeth. He carried his toothbrush and toothpaste around with him for the rest of the night. And into his crib. He fell asleep with his toothbrush in one hand and his toothpaste in the other.

It's the little things in life.

1 comment:

Laura said...

That toothbrush thing was too cute! I hope your doggy feels better soon :(