
It wasn't real pleasant upstairs in the hallway. Three different levels, small planks unfinished, small planks unfinished that look black and then wide planks painted gray.



The living room was a little better, it would look nice sanded and finished but we can't go that route. See our dining room or whatever you want to call it, has beautiful hardwood and since the two connect, we really need to do the same in the living room so they match. But it is very expensive hardwood. Oh dear. What have I done. I was just expecting to rip it up and Presto! it'd be beautiful. But now we need to decide what we are going to do.
In the end we will have ripped out all the carpet in our entire house. We are ripping out the carpet in our bedroom and Chase's room sometime soon. It's better all around for us, pet dander, cleanliness, sinuses etc. But you know, home improvement costs money and I am not part-time, baby on the way. But the baby on the way is one main reason I acted now and took the shot in the arm.
I think we are going to carpet the stairs and hallway, new hardwood in the living room and then refinish the hardwood in the three bedrooms. Wow. I think I am going to go crazy. Better book away with lia sophia. But what's done is done and I am glad that the nasty carpet is gone.
1 comment:
We are almost carpet free in our house also. Our steps leading to the upstairs still has carpet. We too live in an older house and the steps are real steep so we are afraid to rip that up just yet. I'm not a huge fan of housework, don't get me wrong I love a clean house, I just don't want to do it. But keeping those hardwood floors clean is almost impossible with 3 kids, a dog and 2 cats. But it does make you think about how dirty the carpet was when you see what you sweep up off the bare floors. Good luck with all the renovations.
Post a Comment