Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Going part-time is definitely an act of faith but I am very excited. I am doing what is right for our family. If I put my priorities right everything else will fall into place...God First, Family Second, Career Third. I can talk all I want about living on faith but when the time comes how well will I actually do? I don't know and won't til the time comes, but I know with God on my side it will be ok.
Pastor used this illustration of faith...
Our faith is not determined by what we do, it is demonstrated by what we do. About 35 years ago there was a famous tightrope walker named George Blondin who, for a publicity stunt, decided he would walk across Niagara Falls on a tightrope.
On the appointed day they stretched a tightrope from one side of Niagara Falls to the other. He got out there and there were crowds lining both the Canadian and American side. Thousands of people showed up to see this unbelievable feat. Blondin walked up to the edge of the tightrope, put one foot on the tightrope and put another foot out and began to walk across -- inch-by-inch, step-by-step. He got out in the middle and everybody knew that if he'd makeone mistake in balance he'd fall off the rope and into the Falls and obviously be killed.
Blondin got to the other side and the crowd went wild, shouting and cheering. Blondin said, "I'm going to do it again." He got to the other side and the crowds went crazy. Blondin said, "I'm going to do it again but this time I'm going to push a wheel barrow full of dirt." He pushes the wheelbarrow across. He got to the otherside. The crowd cheered and clapped. "Ok," he asked, "how many think I can push the wheelbarrow across with someone in it?" Everyone raised their hands and cheered. Blondin walked over to someone with their hand up and said, "Get in."
Faith is getting in the wheelbarrow.

3 comments:
Now, how did you remember the tightrope walker's name?
I needed that, too, great message this morning.
It's scary taking a step like that with your job ( I just went from 4 days to 3)
It's an adjustment but sooo worth it. Enjoy that extra time with Chase!
Pastor's sermon really made me think about things too. I made list of ways to walk by faith and I can't wait to see the results!
What a fantastic picture of faith! Thanks so much for sharing!
Post a Comment