Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Answer to prayers

I have been burdened, my heart has hurt, I have been exhausted...I've prayed.

Prayed that...
  • Chase would feel better
  • Chase's teeth would come in
  • Chase would start to sleep better
  • God would open doors for me to work part-time
  • To live by faith and quick worrying
  • God would open the doors for alternative daycare for Chase...for now
  • To be a good parent, Brad and I both
  • For serenity
  • .......

And for simple things in my life...

  • A new dishwasher
  • A bike trailer so Chase can go biking with me
  • A new vacuum
  • A black end table
  • Carpet for my workout room

Prayers do get answered even if it's not the way you expect.

Answered prayer 1: Chase's is feeling better and that is because his tooth finally popped through which also means he is now sleeping better. The bottle is back in the picture and we're starting to get more sleep. It has been roughly three weeks since the last time he slept through. When he would wake up it would take us 45 minutes to 3 hours to get him back down. Not fun and very exhausting for all of us. Hopefully the worst part is over for now except I think the second tooth is on its way.

Answered prayer 2: I had been looking on craigslist for sometime for a newer dishwasher. After about a month of patience and looking, you have to be fast, I found one, almost brand new. And you want to know something funny, it's the same exact model we had in our old house in NC. Too funny.

Answered prayer 3: End table. Another item I had been hoping to upgrade and I knew exactly what I had in mind. Black, with a drawer and somewhat small. I looked everywhere, Wal-Mart, Target, Ebay, craigslist, but everything was at least $50 or more and I just didn't want to spend that much. Well, my prayer was answered but not how I imagined. Katie gave me an end table that she had and didn't have any use for anymore. She told me there was numerous times she was just going to throw it out but didn't. It's wasn't, black but rather white with some stenciling. I bought a few cans of black spray and I now have my black end table and it has a drawer.

Answered prayer 4: Carpet for my workout room. I have been remodeling our shed-outbuilding to be my workout room. After refinishing most of the walls, creating cathedral ceilings and plastering, it is now time for carpet. This is would be costly and I didn't want to or have the money to invest in carpet for a shed. I prayed...I received. My dad's boss gave me slightly used industrial carpet that is the color I wanted and it came with the carpet pad. All FREE.


Answered prayer 5: Open doors for different daycare. God is beginning to open doors so that Chase will not have to be in day care at all. The first step is with me going part-time. I talked to my boss on Friday and told her I would like to be able to work something out by August. This decision is all on faith, bills or not. I must be with my son and raise him, that has always been my desire from the day we were married. If my priorities are not straight then we/I won't ever be happy. Thankfully Chase will not be in daycare anymore as of June 26. That part of my life and his will be over.

Anwered prayer 6: Show me direction. This was actually from a few months ago. But I had looked into starting Mary Kay again and didn't feel it was right for me again. I checked Pampered Chef, Home and Garden, etc. I wanted to do something that would help offset the bills but not require alot of my time. lia sophia was the answer. I knew it was right as to the way it all came about but that's for another day. I am excited to start my business and succeed.

I could continue with my personal wants and needs that eventually translate to prayers and direction but this was just a reminder of everything that has happened. Keep on praying and asking for guidance and direction.


3 comments:

kauffeegrl said...

Good for you Dawn! I truly believe that when we step out in faith, believing that God will provide for us to be able to rear our children at home He works miracles we never could have imagined. And it's amzaing what we can live without if we are determined to do what we are convinced is right.

carrie said...

That's so awesome to hear about answers to prayer. God truly hears our prayers and how encouraging when he provides us with "yes" answers!!

Julia said...

Oh, wow, that's so neat how God answered your prayers! I love how He used different circumstances than what you thought to answer. I love surprises, don't you? :)