Sunday, June 21, 2009

Have you ever...

had one of those days that you wish you could just start over. Well, that was today. I wish I could've just crawled back into bed and started over, but that wasn't to be.

It was all going well until about 30 minutes to church time and then it just went down hill from there. We were doing good on time until I gathered everything for our day. We had a full day and wouldn't be home until after the evening church service. Ugh, I dread long days, especially Sundays when it's full, I like to just go home after church and relax.

Anyway instead of going through our entire day here's a quick run through.

On time for sunday school then all of sudden forgot this, forgot that, do we have this, did you remember that? Then before we know it, we're past being fashionably late.

So run to the store to buy the macaroni salad that I forgot to make. Then to church.

After church we're off to the park for a family picinic, but have to stop at the store again....kleenex. I think I have a sinus infection or something, gross. Anyway, stop to Wegmans, then to the park. Get to the park, no one is there. Call in and apparently we were supposed to be at Brad's dad's house not the park...no one told us.

Arrive at Carl's and play with the kids. Time to eat, hectic, hectic. Chase wouldn't eat because of all the kids and busyness. I don't even remember eating or what I ate. Oh yeah, forget that he started to have a fit because he wanted all the "D's" on the table. Fine but they were all cans of pop. Absolutely not. That was it. He was done.

Clean him up, clean the chair and floor. Play some more. Then he became miserable because he was tired and wanted to be held but really didn't. So it was time to go. I had to stop at my parents yet. But first we had to stop at Lowe's.

Arrive to my parents, van's not there. Hmmm? Call dad. Where are you guys? At Shawn's for Aubrey's birthday that was canceled but not really canceled. I was little annoyed to say the least, I had her gift and everything. So we just went home. Oh, but that was after Chase was out of the car and saw the swing and started crying because we left. By this time it was 4:30 and I am past exhausted, miserable and my sinuses are killing me. Major headache. I needed a quick nap before church.

Crash on the couch for five minutes while Chase plays but I need a real nap, at least 20 minutes. I knew Chase was tired so I took him with to laie down. He wasn't having it, but I knew he was exhausted. He started crying to the point where he is hiccuping. So I rocked him to sleep and we both laid on the couch...out cold. An hour later we all wake up and realize we missed church.

At that point we got past our guilt and went and got ice cream. It was beautiful out and very relaxing. Got home and played a little outside and then it was nighty, nighty for Chase, after a bath of course.

It was such a looooong day, I just wanted to relax. It was even one of those days that you just want to stop and cry. I held back and decided to put in Steve Green and wash the dishes, clean the kitchen and make Chase's lunch. Homemade whole wheat mac & cheese, steamed broccoli, yogurt and grapes, blueberries and pears. The homemade mac&cheese is real easy, I just boil some macaroni, drain and while it's still hot I melt a slice and a half of white American cheese. He loves it.

Then I made lunch for Brad and I and finally, at 10:50pm, I came in and sat down. Sigh.

Praise God that we get another day to start out fresh and new.

From our mini-camping trip. Notice what's in the bed of the truck. Aww....I love him so much.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I remember days like that with a toddler! It's one of the things you won't miss AND will miss when he's older.

carrie said...

Aren't you glad it's a new day :) I have to laugh today as I read this because already so early in the day I am starting out my day with several things that have made my day go..not so well. I guess we all have days like that, and it so makes us appreciate the good ones!