Hmmmm...I don't remember what it is like to sleep more than 6 hours and recently 4 hours straight would be nice. Chase was doing well about 6 weeks ago and sleeping at least 6 hours straight until he caught a cold. After that, I had him sleep with us in our room because he was so congested and coughing pretty bad. Well, the cold is finally on its last leg after 2.5 weeks. We have since moved him back to his room with a humidifier. But so much for going back to sleep like before. Now he wakes every 1.5 - 2.5 hours, no matter what I do before he goes to bed or during the day. Last night when I finally crawled into bed I prayed to the LORD to please just let him sleep a little longer. Well, he woke up a half hour later, but he slept a little longer than normal. I should've known to request a certain time. And that was the beginning to a long, sleepless night. Last night was the worst of them, he was fine, he just wanted to be with mommy. So I finally gave in, mostly so I could get some sleep, and let him sleep with me. He would only sleep if he was right next to me, either sleeping or nursing. So it turned out to be a long night since I don't sleep as well when he's right next to me.
Brad was concerned about this and did some research...mystery solved...maybe. Apparently, this runs in the family, his brother, nephew, and even mom. So it's a Fremouw curse (Brad doesn't like me calling it a curse, but when you have to get up every 2 hours, it's a curse). So I am determined to break this curse somehow. His nephew was a horrible sleeper until he was three. That just can't be...Chase will have to be reprogrammed to the DeRycke way. :)

Sleeping while I typed this 2 hours ago. He was making up
for lost sleep from last night. I guess I should've done that as well.
3 comments:
I'm so sorry that you're going thru this! I'm just getting over that with Kaleb. I know how horrible you feel. Have you tried letting him cry himself to sleep? I know it sounds cruel, but I've had to do that with both girls to get them thru the night. I think it's harder on the mother than the child. I'd be gripping the sheets and covered in sweat just from the strain of forcing myself to stay in bed. But it worked after a few nights.
I hope things get better for you! Oh and I love your header, very cute!
Both of my girls were like that and yes they did end up sleeping with me but Eli is a wonderful sleeper. I am still amazed when he falls asleep on his own and then sleeps all night. If he does cry at bedtime it only lasts about 5 minutes then he goes to sleep. Some babies just like having someone close to them. I've heard of mommy's trying one of those heartbeat bears. I think they helped. Best of luck on this. I know it's hard and very exhausting!!
That is so neat that the boys are just a couple days almost to the hour apart. I was wondering how old Chase was. With all that hair and the way it lays it was hard for me to guess. He's such a doll and I love those big brown eyes.
How's the baby food coming along? Eli has only tried sweet potatoes and bananas. The sweet potatoes we started then back off for a few days. He was getting upset but I finally figured out not to feed him the food when it is time for a bottle. He basically gets food when we are eating. That is working out much better. Yesterday he ate a jar of bananas at both lunch and dinner. My little piglet. LOL.
Hey maybe all of us moms could schedule an on-line chat about, say, 4:00am? We all seem to be awake anyway. Just kidding. Hope he figures things out soon. I know what it's like to walk around in a zombie-like state. No fun!
Post a Comment