I decided to go out tonight and visit my favorite stores, Hobby Lobby and Joann Fabrics. And by doing so Chase was not in bed at his normal bedtime therefore resulting in a restless, over-stimulated little boy. He was so tired, rubbing his eyes and looking at me sleepy. But he just wouldn't succumb to sleep. After putting him in his jammies and nursing him he still was wide awake, smiling. Rocking and singing wouldn't even do the trick. My singing would keep me awake too. Finally I just layed him down in his crib and wound up the mobile. He started wiggling, scooting and talking to himself but no sleeping. Finally after 10 minutes of wiggling and babbling he started to cry. So I gave in, held and rocked him, but again he was wide awake. Little stinker. So I again layed him down on his belly and started to pat his behind. I hate to use this method because I want him to soothe himself to sleep but after 30 minutes of restlessness I had to intervene. Finally, he gave in and fell asleep...at 10 pm, two hours after his bedtime. So lesson learned by mommy, if I am going to venture out after work I must return for bedtime.



Notice my hand on his bottom. It worked.
5 comments:
Hi Dawn,
How did you find me? I was happy to see your comment. If you're a journaler, you'll love blogging. It's just so instant! I love seeing my words and pictures looking so pretty on my screen.
Yes, this lesson you learned here is a well-known lesson for me, too. It doesn't pay to mess up the baby just for a little extra time for myself.
Your little man is so cute.
Love, Amy
I found Laura Opett Kaufmann on Facebook and then Carrie Opett Fisher on Facebook where she mentioned she had a blog. I checked it out and so far I've found many others. So much fun. Yes, I love journaling but found myself too sleepy to write and then I couldn't read my handwriting. :)
I love your entry on Katie too. I actaully visited with her on Sunday. I live just three houses down from her parents. It's been probably 11 years since I've seen and talked to her. It was wonderful.
Hey! I found you on Amy's blog. We should start a Heritage blogging group. This sure is a fun way to stay in touch with each others lives, isn't it? Keep it up! I'm naturally nosey, so I'll be keeping up with your blog.
Julia
:)
We took our little nature walk at Ontario Pathways. It's toward Phelps, about a half hour away.
I jumped over through Amy's blog. That's the blogging world for you. :) I just wanted to tell you that your little man is adorable. I love all his hair. My 5 month old has lots of hair so I'm naturally drawn to those other hairy babies. LOL. Keep posting those pictures.
Post a Comment