Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall is so beautiful

How often do we go about our busy lives and fail
to look around at the beauty that surrounds us?

The beautiful artwork that God paints every day for our enjoyment.

Just take a look outside. Isn't it gorgeous? We're spoiled.

We are always going, going, filling our lives with TV, radio, cellphones, computers...all these electronics. But how often do we go unplugged and just look around and breathe in the fresh, crisp fall air. Awwwwwww....I love it so much. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be Amish and live the simple life. More family time, living off the land of our hard work. Sometimes I crave that and wonder...what was it like before TV, phones, computers? How ironic this sounds as I sit here typing while watching TV. How sad. Time to say goodbye and finish reading my book...my favorite pasttime.



I love autumn and our backyard.


Mommy and Chase enjoying time
together on a big blanket in the backyard.

4 comments:

Julia said...

What a beautiful life! We ARE so blessed. :)

Stacy said...

Great pictures...I love your backyard. I think I would be out there every day taking pictures.
I've been mentally telling myself to stop worrying about how clean the house is and play with the kids. By the time I pick them after I get off work and then we get home and I cook dinner and clean up dinner then I have maybe...if I'm lucky 1 hour before it's time for bath and bed. I feel like I never get play time with them, it's always taking care of their needs. So, my house is a mess and I'm trying my best to make that OK in my mind.
Like you I'm fascinated with the Amish lifestyle. Although I think it would be much better to be brought up in it then to try to change after all our so called luxuries. LOL. My household is somewhat different in a sense that we have chosen not to have cable TV. We still get NBC and the kids watch TV at my Mom's during the day but I just hate the thought of having all those channels and nothing to watch. Some people think I'm crazy.
Is Chase sitting up already? What a cutie. I love the pictures of you two together.
Sorry about writing a novel. :)

Michelle said...

Very thought provoking words. Thank you for the reminder! Your pictures are beautiful.

♥ Amy said...

Beautiful photos! I love the 2nd and the last especially. I crave the simple life, too, but don't have the character on my own to stick with it. My husband just set his foot down and banned me from the computer until the kids are in bed at night. I really needed that; I'm getting so much more done and enjoying the children so much more, too.