But in all seriousness it was actually one of my best birthdays. It started out with my little man saying "Happy Birthday mommy" clear as day. Daddy and him were practicing while I was in the shower. That was the best. 

I wasn't sure how cruel everyone at work was going to be since everyone in my department knew it was a special birthday. I was half expecting my face planted all over the building and possibly even black balloons in my cube. But thankfully...nothing. There are no good picures of me at work so I am thankful they didn't go that route and as for the balloons, that's ok. As with all the other birthdays we celebrate, they had cake and a card for me, actually cupcakes, which were delicious. And the card was hiliarious, all about turning 30.
As I was getting ready to leave everyone was asking me what the big plans were for my birthday. I had no idea. I didn't know what Brad had planned. So being who I am, I called him up and said I wasn't making dinner, I shouldn't have to cook on my birthday. That was my way of trying to fish out his plans. He was like ok, what do you want to do, where do you want to go. At this point I knew nothing was planned so I had to plan it. Which is kind of how we do things anyways. It's my birthday we'll go wherever I want to go. But since it was a dinner date on a whim, we didn't have many choices because we had to stay somewhat close so we could get Chase back home in time for bed.
After chit chatting at work we got talking about Carvel ice cream cakes, which Brad's side of the family does for every birthday. Then it led into Coldstone Creamery which I have never been too. So I mentioned it to Brad that we should grab dinner and then go there which meant wherever we ate needed to be near a Coldstone. Finally we decided on Uno's and being that this little impromptu birthday outing wasn't in the budget, I got thinking...hmmmm, it's my birthday, I wonder if I get something special. So I pulled up Uno's website and joined their club and viola! in my email I got a coupon for a FREE entree because it was my birthday. Hey, I may get picked on for being cheap or frugal but all I have to say is that Brad ordered an $18 steak and it was FREE. So no shame here. We were able to be a blessing to our waitress and leave her a tip based on what it would have been, we aren't cheap there, unless they are just awful.
We had so much fun. Chase colored, well we colored of course while we ate. Chase is so good whenever we go out. We stopped and got him some chicken nuggets and apples at Mcd's because I wasn't sure what was on their kid's menu and I knew he was hungry right then. So he ate some on the way and finished while we waited for our food.
After dinner we headed to Coldstone Creamery to get my ice cream cake. And of course I joined their club too and received $3 off a cake. Thank goodness I did because they were not cheap which I had a feeling they wouldn't be, but that's ok it was my birthday, right? Instead of the traditional birthday ice cream cake I picked out the Oreo Ice Cream Cake. Yum. Yum. Of course Chase saw the half Oreo cookies on the top and said...Chase need cookie. And yes, Chase got a cookie.
As soon as we got home it was bedtime for Chase so he didn't get cake but he did have the cookies so he was happy. Brad cut our two slices and put a candle on top for me and sang Happy Birthday. And yes I did get my juicer. :)
2 comments:
Glad you had such a nice birthday. And hitting the big 30 only means you are now just getting wiser! :-)
I'm so glad you had a great 30th birthday!! My 30th was actually one of my favorites also. I was 9 months pregnant with Brooklyn, I managed to keep it a secret from work until about noon when my mom and Jordan (my birthday is in the summer so she was off from school) brought me in balloons. The cat was out of the bag and then some friends at work went and got me a cake. Turning 30 isn't so bad but I'll let you know how turning 35 is. :)
Post a Comment