Monday, February 22, 2010

Fun with friends...

I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to go part-time at my job and spend those days off with my little one, and someday I will even have more days to spend with him and his little bro. It seems though that my days off are used catching up on housework and playing, but last week we had some busy, fun-filled days. Including a play date with Gracie at the Indoor Playground and then dinner too. Jeff and Katie were introduced to our homemade pizza. We did one for the boys, pepperoni and cheese and then I made a special one for Katie and I, white pizza with chicken, broccoli, green peppers and onions, oh and yes, it was half whole wheat flour. I forgot to get pictures but they were delicious, I thought.

The kids playing on the "train" table converted to the Little People table. It's more fun to play on the table with the Little People. While we enjoyed our pizza, we were trying to keep an ear on what Chase and Gracie were doing. It's been a long-time since Gracie's been over to visit so she was totally into checking out all of Chase's toys, of course. It's so funny watching them play together, there such little people. One of their favorite toys of the evening was Chase's Tonka dump truck, it was a perfect "riding" toy.

Chase pushing Gracie. He was so careful and going slow and turning to be sure not to hit anything. Such a gentleman.
Gracie looks a little bored....Now Gracie on the other hand needed "soft" walls (notice Brad's hand and legs) as she pushed Chase. She was fast and crazy. I wonder where she gets her driving from. Or maybe she watches too many races with daddy on Sunday. But Chase was having fun.

Saturday we had a day with family for Chase's cousin CJ's 5th birthday. He always gets excited to see his cousins, Ella and CJ. They are so much fun now that they are all older and can interact and play. And of course Chase was his shyself in the beginning for about 15 minutes, then it was time to check out all CJ's toys, he has all kinds of toys and more big boy toys. Since the party was during Chase's nap time we kind of switched the day around a bit. We had a lot of running around to do, so we did it in the morning and he napped on the way, 30 minutes. Then of course our running around played into lunchtime so at the party he ate as he played.

After some yummy, runny :) ice cream cake, we played some more and then it was time to go. We knew he would crash as soon as we hit the road, and we were right, we were not even more than 30 seconds down the road and he was out. It's so funny how he is the energizer bunny until we stop him and then he crashes. Thankfully we were able to keep him asleep once we got home, for a little while at least.

Sunday we had our normal Sunday morning church with a nice, relaxing afternoon, just how I like my Sunday afternoons. Doing absolutely nothing, except maybe a little cleaning or lia sophia work. I really do not like doing anything on Sunday afternoons since we have church in the morning, get Chase home for his nap which he usually zonks out on the way home and then church again in the evening. I just like to relax.

On Monday, President's Day, I had off so we planned an impromptu play date with Katie, Jessica and my sis to Bounce it Out. Sounded like a great idea and my sister would be able to go with the kids. Yeah, well I think every other parent that had it off thought the same thing. Can you say kids, kids, kids everywhere. Now that's all great and dandy unless you have a 21 month old who loves to play on all of the inflatables. But when there are big, rambunctious kids surrounding him and really don't have much regard for others, it was a stressful hour and a half. Now there were some sweet kids out there but others are just plain rude and mean. So to say the least, it was hard trying to keep Chase to the two 3 and under inflatables when he knows that there are bigger and better ones out there.

He absolutely loves the big, HUGE slide there. He can't do it by himself so his cousin Makayla helped him, but frankly it's quite difficult to go up so Aunt B had to help too. He is so hilarious and such a thrill seeker. He wanted to keep going down, of course. After about the third time and some big kid's knee about 6 inches from Chase's head, I said enough to the big slide and back to the "baby" inflatables.

Chase absolutely adores his cousin Makayla. He reached out to hold her hand.
A time came when we all needed to get a drink so we stepped out to where the bags were to get a drink. Chase had one sip and then said, "More play." He was so thirsty but just wanted to play. But finally after about an hour and half we decided it was time to go. Chase was exhausted as was I. Just the stress of keeping him from getting run over and then climbing into some of the bounce houses to rescue him was enough for me. But he does like it there so much that we will definitely plan another play date when all the big kids are in school.

Enjoying PB&J in the car afterwards. He so is not tired.

2 comments:

kauffeegrl said...

Thanks Dawn (love the new pic, BTW) I may just take you up on that. It's so awesome to have friends with all these resources around me! :-)

carrie said...

thanks for your comment! we'll try to remember all we learned in our classes including if they go over swaddling! I was going to ask you what kind of juicer did you get for your birthday?