After about and hour and a half I heard him cry so I went upstairs to get him. But he really wasn't awake yet, he was just wimpering and still tired. But he saw me and started to climb his crib. I picked him up and he fell right back to sleep. I knew as soon as I put him down he would wake up so I held him for the next 20 minutes. I stopped thinking about the cleaning that needed to be done and just enjoyed the time snuggling with Chase. It was so precious. He squirmed a bit and just laid in my arms. I rocked him and stared at his eye fluttering, lips moving and then I noticed the poor baby was touching his soar ear. Even while he slept he was tugging at it. Besides touching his ear he looked so peaceful, I wondered what he was dreaming as his mouth quivered and eyes fluttered.
My major project for the day was "cleaning" the office. This is the same room that I ripped the carpet out and found hardwood. And also in this room is an unfinished wall, so I had to clear the area all around that wall so we can finish it before we finish the floors. While I straightened the room Chase happily played in his room across the hall. I got his book crate out so that he could dig through all his books. Well digging he did. I peeked in on him to see what he was doing and this is what I found. 




He was reaching for a cookie that he dropped. You would have thought he would've started crying, but no. Instead he just reached over and ate some of the crumbs of the cookie while half upside down. And yes, I feed my child but apparently he really wanted this cookie. He was pretty content for a few minutes but finally got frustrated.
Today was such a full day and we didn't go anywhere, not even outside until about 6:30pm when Chase and I went and got the mail. I love days like these and wish they were more often. I love just spending the day with my boys and getting things accomplished.
Oh, Brad was outside in the garage all day getting his car ready for the race season. He popped in now and again, for food of course. Chase would get all excited and yell "Dad-dyy!"
2 comments:
Oh, those pictures are so cute! They made me smile. I had a nice stay at home day yesterday, too. I used to hate staying home all day...how children change us!
Have a good day!
Julia
so cute :) It's hilarious he is so determined!
Post a Comment