Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy eleven months Chase!

Dear baby boy,

Is it true? Are you really eleven months old today? It seems as if just yesterday you were growing in my belly and now you are trying to walk, talk and such a little man. You're so full of life and a little pistol. I'm always saying your such a "pistol" and you definitely live up to that. You are into everything and so inquisitive.

Now that you stand up in your crib, that is all you want to do. I lie you down to bed and you stand up immediately. You walk over to the edge of the crib, near the door, and cry. It's so funny how you know where to go to be the loudest.

You love to feed yourself, so independent. But since you just got your top two teeth a few weeks ago, it can be difficult to find fingerfood you can gum.

You love cheese and cheese and more cheese, white American cheese that is. As soon as I grab a piece out of the fridge, you get so excited.

The other day I gave you a handful of soft peas and you squeezed every single one of them. Maybe one or two made it into your mouth.

You still love your avacado. I try to get creative and mix it with plain yogurt, bananas, cream cheese, tomatoes and melon.

You will NOT lay still when getting your diaper/clothes changed. It is very difficult.

You absolutely love balls. We try to keep a stash all over the house.
You say "daa-dyyyy". Daddy was so excited but really you say "da-dddyy" for me too. We've been trying teach you to say "mommy" but you haven't yet. You only say your "m's" when you're eating. I think it's because mommy always says 'Is that yummy?" "yum" "yum". So you say...mmm and mama but only when you eat. It's too funny.

You say "kidddyyy" too for kitty.

You love bathtime and your mini basketball hoop. We play and play, but then you start to wrinkle so it's time to get out.

Everytime you "escape" the living/play room you head right for the stairs.
You are a crazy driver in your Jeep, here, there and everywhere.
You love to help mommy "fold" laundry, but it is more like "unfolding" laundry.
You try to say and do what mommy does. I was blowing at you and you would blow back.

One thing though, you have now reverted back to your old ways of being complicated when it's time for bed. You were doing so well, we would just lie you down and off to sleep you went. But now you fuss, stand up and cry. So it takes a couple of times for us to get you to zonk out. You're just too excited about life and don't want to miss a minute.
I can't believe that I am planning your 1st birthday already. You're such a joy and so much fun. I can't wait until it warms up and we can play outside, go for walks, picnics, and camping.
I love you so much and am so thankful God gave you to daddy and I.


3 comments:

♥ Amy said...

Wow! Seems like you were just hugely pregnant (sorry, but you really had the biggest baby belly I've ever seen!) and now he's almost a year old. And such a sweet face! I love those last two shots, especially.

Stacy said...

I love this post! So sweet! And those pictures of Chase are adorable...he looks so happy! Which I'm sure he is. How's the party planning going? I just got a building rented yesterday and I'm hoping to order the party supplies this weekend. We are having a jungle theme. Eli was 11 months old yesterday but I didn't take any pictures so hopefully tonight. He's sick again so my pictures won't be as happy as yours. I've had so much fun sharing this 1st year of our boys together. I hope we have many more!

Michelle said...

I can't believe he's almost a year old. I think it's wonderful how you are writing to him through your blog. What great memories for him and your family.