Friday, April 17, 2009

So excited!

Next month, May 26 to be exact, Brad and I will be celebrating our 9 year anniversary. We don't normally go all out to celebrate, ususally something simple. But this year I decided I wanted to do something more. We didn't go on our normal "winter" vacation and I am itching to get away. It's been over a year since we've gotten "away" so I thought it would be nice to get away for one night, just Brad and I. This will be interesting because we haven't been away from Chase overnight before and our longest date was just dinner and a movie. But I am excited nonetheless, my mom and dad are going to come to our house for the night so Chase can sleep in his own bed. I know he'll be fine and old enough but the first time will be the hardest, of course.




So where are we going for the one night to celebrate? Niagara Falls. I've been there many times but never overnight. We are going to stay at the Marriott overlooking the falls. I'm so very excited. The room I reserved has a fireplace and jacuzzi somewhere on floors 12-18. It will be like a mini honeymoon. This is the picture on the website. Hopefully our room will be just as beautiful with an awesome view of the falls. We are going next weekend since racing starts in May so we are going before all the birthdays, Chase 1st, May 5 and Brad's 30th, May 8. I really didn't want to go this early because I am planning Chase's birthday but we compromised so that Brad doesn't miss any practice/race time. That's marriage....compromise.

5/23/09...Sad to say Brad and I never did get our anniversary get-away. Lil man was sick and I didn't want to leave him. So another time.

3 comments:

♥ Amy said...

So exciting! I know the feeling of anticipation well! I hope you guys have as great a time as we had. Well, better, since you won't have your baby with you.

I enjoyed your pictures in your last post. Thanks for sharing.

Julia said...

I'm so jealous! I still haven't been away from the kids (for fun) over night yet. You guys will have so much fun!

carrie said...

That is very exciting! What a special treat to be able to share some one on one time with your hubby! I hope to do something special for our anniversary too!
I wanted to reply to your comment too- Sauders is in Seneca Falls about 3-4 miles from the outlets. I love going there, they offer dried goods, spices, cheeses in bulk for cheap. Worth the trip just to stock up on spices, sprinkles (for cakes) flour...I would buy so much more if I didn't have to worry about weights on a plane! My mom and sisters love it- Katie loves to go whenever she is in town! You will have to make the trip! Not a very big or exciting store but worth it:) I think this is the address:
2146 River Rd
Seneca Falls, NY 13148
315-568-2673
My mom can give you directions if your unsure.